Sanger Percival Prentice T1

Built as part of the Non-injected Moulded Group Build but I thought it would reach a wider audience posted here as well. Just one photo here as the rest are in the Group Build Gallery

resized_ab849630-4d6e-4e6a-aaa6-0d7ed540

The work in progress can be found here but please have a look at the other builds as well as there is a lot of good work going on and plenty of new skills being learnt/shared.

Steve

Edited by BritJet
Replaced dead PhotoMuppet link
  • Like 14

Is it Percical or Percival?

Agree with previous comment - nice model you've got there and definitely one that you don't see that often.

Vacform was it - sorry haven't seen it WIP but will check your link. Thanks for sharing!

Lovely model! I was not aware that a kit of the

Prentice had been made, will have to try to seek it

out as the Prentice has a quirky sort of charm and

in its - short - day was an important RAF trainer.

Will now check out your WIP!

Many thanks, Paul

PS love the finish and markings

Thanks guys.

Is it Percical or Percival?

Agree with previous comment - nice model you've got there and definitely one that you don't see that often.

Vacform was it - sorry haven't seen it WIP but will check your link. Thanks for sharing!

Quite right it should be Percival, blame the fat fingers and small keys! I'll amend the title.

Lovely model! I was not aware that a kit of the Prentice had been made, will have to try to seek it out as the Prentice has a quirky sort of charm and in its - short - day was an important RAF trainer. Will now check out your WIP! Many thanks, Paul PS love the finish and markings

There's been at least three kits - this one, Skybirds 86 short run injection moulded and Dujin resin.

Steve

Excellent WIP!Very informative and inspiring and what a great job!Gerald Elliott vacforms were highly regarded back in the day and I suspect this was the best of the trio of kits you name. I would prefer a well moulded vacform to the early resins and limited run kits, think in the 80s vacforms were the best choice!

Cheers, paul

Interesting subject. I remember several of them lined up Baginton in the 60s awaiting conversion for civil use. I don't think it ever happened and they were scrapped. The turned up wingtips and anti-spin strake on the tail gives away some of the aerodynamic issues.

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

fantastic build I steer well clear of vacforms as I have tried them many times and they always end up in the bin so hats off to you.

Rodders

I think once you find a subject that really grabs you then you'll see it through to completion - especially if there's no other kit available.

Steve