1/144 Authentic Airliners TAP Boeing 727-200

Managed to take a couple of pics during a break in the clouds here in Manchester yesterday!

Another Authentic Airliners 727-200 this time TAP Air Portugal. Again it's a 26Decal with AA windows and windshield.

012_zpsevs2vrhp.jpg

009_zpsb4h2ukb6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ian

• Like 27

Wow, that is a really nice finish. Your weathering is superbly subtle and with enough accuracy to look believable.

Pricey kit but obviously the end results look fabulous (if I can use that word... haha!).

Thanks for sharing.

lovely model - great to see TAP getting recognition in 1/144 on an older choice of Boeing.

I too have mixed 26 and AA decals in the past - they both offer great detail but its nice to mix it up a bit, even more so if you can get some Nazca detailing sets for your choice of model.

That taxi-way and casting shadows look top notch - thanks for sharing, I always appreciate every single civil airliner on the forum; just because they don't have a massive number of pieces and generally have larger semi-whole parts, does not mean that they are any easier to build or bring to life as a completed kit.

Tip top to you

• 1 year later...

Don't know how on earth I missed this first time around.

I had some fun flights on TAP in the 70's including a trip on the flight deck of a 727-100, all the way from Lisbon to London ! An experience that a 12 year old is unlikely to ever forget.

Thanks for flagging this up Ian.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Mike

Don't see a lot of 727's  around here, and II seldom saw  an AA kit!!

I recon there's a lot of TAP love lately--> nice !!!

superbly built airliner, and cool presentation , too!

Thanks for sharing,

Olli

• 5 years later...

Wow! I just saw this post and what a beautiful model it became! I wish I could followed the WIP, but I must say you really nailed it! In my long model queue I have a 727-100 with the same livery scheme and another one but a 727-200 with the previous scheme at 1/72 scale. I like to see TAP's colors around here! :D