Dassault Rafale B

No.336 / 113-IK of EC 1/91 ‘Gascogne’, Armee de L’air

Saint-Dizier, 2009.

Hobbyboss kit with excellent Syhart decals (Sheet 72-915). Based on one of the aircraft that attended Yeovilton Air Day in 2009 (though without the live MICA and SCALP-EG missiles!)

Aircrew came from the Hasegawa F-16 kit. I used them to show an ‘engines running’ configuration so that I could leave the foreplanes horizontal which helps to give the Rafale its good looks.

There’s lots of detail on production standard Rafale Bs that needs careful study of photos – I probably haven’t got it all right, but things like navigation light positions on the wingtip missile rails, chaff & flare dispensers, radio antennas, etc were modified from the kit configuration.

I can really recommend that Syhart decal sheet if you want to find out about Rafales

Rafale%20B%20001.jpg

Rafale%20B%20003.jpg

Rafale%20B%20005.jpg

Rafale%20B%20010.jpg

Rafale%20B%20013.jpg

Rafale%20B%20016.jpg

Rafale%20B%20017.jpg

Rafale%20B%20018.jpg

Rafale%20B%20021.jpg

• Like 23

Great job! The Rafale is an awesome aircraft and yours turned out beautifully!

Is it my impression or some of the pictures look compressed in the horizontal direction?

Cheers

Jaime

Excellent. Eyactly one of my next projects (same kit and decal sheet, but another airplane...). How are the decals to work with, did you use any softener/setter?

Alex

Great job! The Rafale is an awesome aircraft and yours turned out beautifully!

Is it my impression or some of the pictures look compressed in the horizontal direction?

Cheers

Jaime

Yes - I've had this problem before but don't know how to sort it. The photos are fine in Photobucket, but seem to change aspect ratio when I put them into Britmodeller. They don't have the distortion if I use Internet Explorer rather than Google Chrome for some reason!

Excellent. Eyactly one of my next projects (same kit and decal sheet, but another airplane...). How are the decals to work with, did you use any softener/setter?

Alex

The decals work really well. I did float most of them on with Klear to be safe but I don't think they would have silvered anyway

• Like 2

Yes - I've had this problem before but don't know how to sort it. The photos are fine in Photobucket, but seem to change aspect ratio when I put them into Britmodeller. They don't have the distortion if I use Internet Explorer rather than Google Chrome for some reason!

That's odd. I've take a look at the pictures with Firefox in my laptop and the pictures look fine. When I saw them on my smartphone I got them distorted.

Anyway, your model is great! Congrats :goodjob:

Jaime

• 7 months later...

I have to agree with all the previous comments, you have made a stunning replica, with a lovely paint finish. Make me want to start mine.

cheers,

Zhizhou