F-104 Starfighter STGB Chat

wellzy

Excellent choice! :thumbsup:

The Italian GB didn't make it through the vote this year, so I will be building an F-104S in the Red Storm Rising GB.

Nice ! I'm trying to do the same in the various GBs this year.. :lol:

Are we still missing one more interested modeller to have the F-104 STGB approved ? Come on folks, anyone ready to take the challenge ?

Please add my name Giorgio; I doubt I'll make much headway into my stash of 1/72 Hasegawa 104s in the intervening period, so I'm quite confident I'll have something to contribute when the time comes.

Andrew.

• Like 2

Please add my name Giorgio; I doubt I'll make much headway into my stash of 1/72 Hasegawa 104s in the intervening period, so I'm quite confident I'll have something to contribute when the time comes.

Andrew.

That's great Andrew ! Actually I'm in your same situation, many Starfighter kits and too little time for them.. :D

We're 25 now, right ? Guess the STGB will be in many months from now but at least we know it will happen

Andrew.

welcome on board and you make lucky number 25!! :partytime:

as we have been informed this GB is officially a goer and the lucky last for 2017!!

Les (wellzy) will be in touch shortly with the official dates and all the boring stuff that goes with GB's.

It no looks like 2017 will be the year of the jet, with the F-16, F-111, F-15, MiG-29, MiG-27, F-104,...................think that's it now!!

here is the latest and greatest list;

1, wellzy - Host

2, Lex77

3, Col.

4, Giorgio N

5, Arniec

6, frankly boy

7, trickyrich - maester

8, gingerbob

9, DAG058

10, jrlx

11, Rob G

12, swat11

13, modelling minion

14, Knight_Flyer

15, Enzo Matrix

16, specky

17, Dazzio

18, vppelt68

19, TEMPESTMK5

20, Pinback

21, Ray S

22, SAU

23,SleeperService

24, Jens

25, Andrew

Don't forget the Mig-29 and Su-27 GBs.

O and I am as always in big trouble. I have committed myself to 5 of the 6 GBs.

Cheers,

I knew I had, I wasn't sure if they had gotten through or not!

Guess it's only STGB's for me next year!!! Plus I guess I have to spend some more time on evilBay as well, only have a MiG-29 in stash (the Slovak Digital one) plus the Daco F-104 Improvement set!!!

Don't forget the Mig-29 and Su-27 GBs.

O and I am as always in big trouble. I have committed myself to 5 of the 6 GBs.

Cheers,

Arnie... my latest finished jet aircraft build was a Monogram 1:72 F-4C, or D, from the time they were new tool kits - more than 30 years ago it is! And I´ve signed in all the six of these :pilot: ! So what are you still hesitating and waiting for? EDIT: fortunately there will also be two STGB:s for prop driven planes in 2017; the Bf 109 STGB II and the De Havilland Mosquito STGB - which I have promised to host or co-host both of! Oh woe is me...

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 2

Arnie... my latest finished jet aircraft build was a Monogram 1:72 F-4C, or D, from the time they were new tool kits - more than 30 years ago it is! And I´ve signed in all the six of these :pilot: ! So what are you still hesitating and waiting for? EDIT: fortunately there will also be two STGB:s for prop driven planes in 2017; the Bf 109 STGB II and the De Havilland Mosquito STGB - which I have promised to host or co-host both of! Oh woe is me...

Thank You!!! Now I know that it will be seven!!!!! :banghead::banghead: :banghead:

Cheers,

• Like 1

D***! The Red Storm Rising GB takes place this year, but in 2017 5/6 jets that have a dedicated STGB are in action in The Book - F-111:s destroy the autobahn bridges (and demolish the power station in Iceland?), F-104 bombs Alfeld, Belgian F-16:s attack Soviet armour, Major Nakamura takes her Eagle to space and Fulcrums deploy to Iceland. Now I'm sure the first Flankers would've been there too, protecting Mainstays etc. but Clancy just didn't know that 😉. So that'll be my theme for all these jet STGB:s 👍.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Oh please add me!!! I have three Hasegawa Starfighters with xtras to choose from: NF-104, JF-104, RB-104 plus some Hasegawa and Revell ones in 1:72: TF-104, CCV F-104G, F-104N. And have not build any yet!!!! Well, nothing special for me though...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This GB will be starting in November next year. It seems a shame to wait so long to build a Starfighter...

so can I point to the NATO vs Warsaw Pact GB which starts tomorrow. You could keep your hand in by building an F-104 in this GB.

Belgium, Canada, West Germany, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway...

How can you resist? :wicked:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to do an F-104N in Joe Walker's markings as a tribute to him. I think I can do this with Italeri F-104G kit and the Rocketeer Decal sheet that I have in my stash.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

This GB will be starting in November next year. It seems a shame to wait so long to build a Starfighter...

so can I point to the NATO vs Warsaw Pact GB which starts tomorrow. You could keep your hand in by building an F-104 in this GB.

Belgium, Canada, West Germany, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway...

How can you resist? :wicked:

My plan for this GB is exactly a Starfighter, this time a Marineflieger one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...