F-104 Starfighter STGB Chat

wellzy

Can I have a go? :)
Assuming I havent already built either my stashed Eduard F-104G or Hasegawa TF-104G by then....? Ha! Who am I kidding?

Was looking at a Marinefleiger 104G with Kormorans and/or the TF in BAF colours with DACO decals.

Cool or have I missed the bus?

• Like 1

Ah, I see the start date is November 2017. I read it as 2016. Doh.

Well, if theyre not built by then, Im up for it.

ps - the 1/48 Hasegawa TF-104G was recently re-released in case folk arent aware. :)

• 2 weeks later...

For some unjustifiable reason I keep thinking I'd like to pick up a TF. I did buy another Hasegawa single-seater in the past year, because it was at a show and at that price I'd be silly not to. Besides, it was the Japanese version, which I thought would work for my intended CF-104.

bob

• Like 1

It's a TF-104. There's your justification! :thumbsup:

Just £24 to my door from HLJ for a fresh, spanking, new out the presses erm two seat pointy thing. :) It going Belgian I reckon.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I would be up for this as I started one but have now got so swamped that to stow it until next year would be good. I haven't started much of the kit (Cockpit IIRC) and have painted some aftermarket resin bits. I will post a pic later to see if it would be a qualifier.

Cheers now

Bob

4 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

I would be up for this as I started one but have now got so swamped that to stow it until next year would be good. I haven't started much of the kit (Cockpit IIRC) and have painted some aftermarket resin bits. I will post a pic later to see if it would be a qualifier.

Cheers now

Bob

Hi Bob, that sounds fine, from what you've said you've done I can't see any problems at all in joining the fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I'd like to enter this GB if poss please.

I'll probably try and convert an example to  NF 104 A but don't have a donor 104 in the stash yet so not sure if it'll be 72 or 48 scale.

Cheers

M

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/2/2017 at 1:20 PM, MarkSH said:

Hello,

I'd like to enter this GB if poss please.

I'll probably try and convert an example to  NF 104 A but don't have a donor 104 in the stash yet so not sure if it'll be 72 or 48 scale.

Cheers

M

The NF-104 sounds like a very interesting subject, hope you can find a suitable donor kit !

• Like 1

My plan remains to throw in RB-104, NF-104 and JF-104. All Hasegawa based. I am currently building three F-16 as a live test if I can succeed to build three similar kits at once. Biggest issue remain the decals which I have misplaced - only the Cutting Edge instruction sheet has resurfaced so far. If all fails I will print my own decals. The artwork is almost done.

I am really looking forward to this GB :bounce:

René

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

The NF-104 sounds like a very interesting subject, hope you can find a suitable donor kit !

Yep, have now got the Italeri 1/72 F-104 A/C (No. 1359) as the donor kit. also picked up Air Force Legends Number 204 'Lockheed' NF-104A Aerospace Trainer booklet for some reference, I'd like to do it 'in-flight' so need to source a suitably dressed pilot figure too.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon

I plan to bulld this kit 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/114417-hasegawa-02816-f-104-j-cf-104-starfighterin the makings of a Canadian CF 104 aircraft I could build it for the 

70s NATO vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB

but I don't think that I will time and I prefer to wait for the F 104 Gb and I will have more time to search for more pics for this project..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Joining you with this kit.  Just bought on Amazon.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/331079-hasegawa-02817-f-104s-f-104g-starfighter

Used most of an appreciation voucher from work.  I like to get something to remember the story by.

Received yesterday.  Really looking forward to this now.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
More info
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't see why not, it is a proper model and it is of an F-104.....it's just missing a few bits!

I've built the F-16 version many moons ago, was a nice model when done, think I still have it somewhere.

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2017 at 9:30 PM, Lex77 said:

Just managed to nab one from E Bay at £9.99 - cant complain.

Yes its old, a Monogram, looks circa 1978....I don't mind, these kits seem well engineered and have enough detail for me!

mnXpkji.jpg

hE4zHFJ.jpg

8qL2jOc.jpg

Its a G Model, Decals are not likely to be any good, so I suspect I will need to get some....choices, choices....can link in to my USAFE/growing up in Lakenheath project with a German, Dutch, Danish or Italian I can recall being visitors or at Mildenhall Airshow.... Any top tips on decals.....not a Starfighter buff/expert, just remember sitting on the warren at RAF Lakenheath and looking in wonder as to how they actually flew!!

Now this is a cool pic!

Lockheed-F-104-Starfighters-in-German-Lu

Edited by Tim Moff
  • Like 2

Here are some links with F-104 decals from various producers:

http://www.ultracast.ca/Aircraft Decals - 48 Scale - F-104 Starfighter.htm

http://www.hahen.de/epages/64625185.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F64625185%2FCategories%2F"Decals Militaer"%2F"Military 1%3A48" 

http://www.dacoproducts.com/

There are for sure more options available but at least the HaHen and dacoproducts decals are still available.

Hope this helps  :-)

• Like 1