Pocher Rolls-Royce K72

Wayne, it's looking good. Are you going to be doing any sort of weathering on the engine? Personally, I have never been much good at that but, maybe I'll give it a try on one of my next builds if I ever finish the Mercedes. I'm glad to see you back, it's been a while and there aren't that many Pochers still going. At one point there were about 7-8 started but now it seems like only 3-4 are still active. Keep pushing on its looking good and don't wait so long in between posts, we go through withdrawals!

Hi Larchiefeng, Don't think I will be weathering like Codger did, more highlighint, shadows to bring out detail as I have - I tried a bit of weathering on the gear box but was not very successful. I will try not to have such big gaps but finding time is difficult.

Wayne

I understand about the time and especially with these models. They are not easy and when you aren't working on them frequently it takes a while when you get back to it just to figure out where you are and what is next. I think that things like a little highlighting and dry brushing to bring out some details will give it some life and elevate it. Looking forward to seeing more as you progress, it's looking good, hang in there.

Hi All, been fettling with the chassis parts today cleaning up mainly -

Codger could I ask a favour please, could you tell me the dimensions inside of the chassis rails at the three metal cross members please. I seem to have drilled the holes a little deeper whilst geting them wider - Thanks Wayne

2016-05-27%2015.36.25.jpg

Hi All, been fettling with the chassis parts today cleaning up mainly -

Codger could I ask a favour please, could you tell me the dimensions inside of the chassis rails at the three metal cross members please. I seem to have drilled the holes a little deeper whilst geting them wider - Thanks Wayne

Would love to help Wayne but...I would have to disassemble a great deal of body work and flip it to do so. BUT;

I can tell you the assembled width to the outside edge of the frame rails is 99mm at the front member and 122mm at the rear member. Can't get to the middle one, but the other two should establish a width for you at that location. You could shim with 'plugs' made from plastic rod in one end of the holes to get those numbers. Failing this, possibly a line to Peter at Pocher Parts to see if he has an available chassis and parts to check.

Hope that's of help.

C

very little visual progress today, been making spark plug connectors - 12 connectors and so far 10 pins, 0.6 nuts threaded onto copper wire - Have to wait for more nuts to make the other two - Also filled the existing spark plug holes on the engine with a piece of ali tubing to reduce the hole size.

Wayne

IMAG1968.jpg

So having spent some time this afternoon making the ht lead connectors I had a look tonight at some PII engine pics and they have push on leads, so I had a look this evening at making one - seems to have come out OK - Now do I leave it with the screw connectors, esp since I have ordered more nuts - Or do i go with push on leads??? Damn I hate choices

Wayne

IMAG1972.jpgIMAG1974.jpgIMAG1975.jpg

Thanks Codger, I am thinking this to be a modern restoration - I am off to a Rolls-Royce event at the end of June and will have a look at a few cars there as well.

Wayne

Please bring a camera and share some of the wealth (pun intended) with me / us!

Cameras are going with for sure -

Picked up some off cuts of veneer today, will try a new dash and cappings with them - If anyone wants any let me know - May have to cut the longer sheets to fit an envelope - They are a little wavy but I hope that glueing them to a kit part will help.

IMAG1978.jpg

Wayne

• 1 month later...

This guy better changes his belt immediately. It looks like it can break anytime.

There is a lot going on at this side of the engine. great to see all these details, but to duplicate all this in 1/8, would be a bit too much.

Your adventure in wood and leather is just beginning Wayne; enjoy the tedious trip! And many thanks for fantastic pix of the '34 engine. You took great detail shots, especially of the front dress.

Pouln, mere mortals can get serviceably close; here's mine. Dave Cox and John Haddock start from here and make all those linkages work!

734M_zpsbglgzqnx.jpg

Codger, true, but you are showing us the real car telling us that it is model....

And what I've seen from John, that is simply unbelievable unreal.

Anyway, you all are building a feast for the eyes. Keep going!

• Like 1

I recently took delivery of some Pocher Merc and R-R spares that a friend purchased for me in South Africa. In them were these axle stands, are these Pocher parts or from somewhere else? I think I will use them to display my car, to keep the weight off the wheels.

On the subject of wheels, Codger do you know whether the Model Motorcars tyres will fit the kit wheels? I just cannot afford the MMC wheels as well.

Thanks Wayne

IMAG2190.jpgIMAG2191.jpg

Roy's right Wayne. Those are Pocher stands and MMC tires fit perfectly and look much better than the hard plastic stock parts. EDIT: If you put the stands under the axles, you still have the weight compressing the springs. To stop them from sagging, put stands under the chassis rails.Here's my MMC tires:

725M_zpsohvcp4au.jpg

Edited by Codger

• 9 months later...