1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Just gets better with every new CAD  image posted , so looking forward to this.

Guy

Source: https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/posts/711532489011581

AMK F-14D Tomcat - Just for the avoidance of any misunderstandings on the new kit. The kit will be as good as it can possibly be from the start. There will not be any “upgrade sets” or extra wings or anything else.
The only reason we did upgrade sets for the MiG-31 is because we were asked to do them.
The F-14 kit will have 4 wings. 2 will be fully open, 2 will be fully closed. There will be three positions available, fully forward, fully swept and “Oversweep”.
Compressed nose gear for the catapult shot including the “hold back bar”.
4 Exhausts, 2 closed and 2 open.
5 Decal schemes, 2 CAG, 2 line jets and a special edition.
More news soon - very soon.
Hope you like the options.

V.P.

• Like 5

Wow, and all for around the same price as the MiG-31! :frantic:

Next year really is going to be the year of the F-14 decal printer, haha twobobs and fightertown better get reprinting some of their long out of print/hard to get hold of sets before someone else does! :lol:

Wonder who's going to come up with the detailing sets to adapt these kits in to almost any F-14 ever built, though sounds like you won't need much if that lot is in the box.

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Wow, and all for around the same price as the MiG-31! :frantic:

Next year really is going to be the year of the F-14 decal printer, haha twobobs and fightertown better get reprinting some of their long out of print/hard to get hold of sets before someone else does! :lol:

Wonder who's going to come up with the detailing sets to adapt these kits in to almost any F-14 ever built, though sounds like you won't need much if that lot is in the box.

Fightertown and Furball will have plenty of sheets out i'm sure! I'm hoping the VF-2 OIF markings from Fightertown that I have will fit the new AMK kit!

My money would be on Steel Beach for the detailing sets. Darren has already released a plethora of parts for the Tamiya kit, with more to come.

• Like 1

Is this still being released this year ? ( Not much left of it ! ) . Not that I am botherd as I would rather wait for AMK to get it perfect for release.

Does look good .

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

I like what I'm seeing til now, this is going to be my most awaited kit for next year.

Really my only gripe is that the first variant is going to be a D.... and I already have a D kit for every marking I intend to build. Guess I should convert a couple to Bs to make room for the AMK kit

I'm really looking forward to this one too!

I've got the tamiya F-14 to build over Christmas and with this one (hopefully) coming next year it could well be one of my only purchases next year. :thumbsup:

Any updates Martin? You know you want to tell us, we can keep a secret haha  :innocent:

Edited by DannyB

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

Yes, sorry I have been unwell again.

I am here just not feeling good. Last 6 weeks have been tough sorry about the absence everyone.

Glad you like the Decals, did you notice who is doing them?

Hope you get well soon, and don't worry about all the keyboard warriors who don't like the decal choice! Nice to see Furball on board, they make some good decals.