1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Buzzing blabla. First boxing: F-14D - ref.88007

Source: https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/photos/a.524746031023562.1073741853.279694855528682/623216227843208/?type=3&theater

Product Announcement 2* 2016 will also see the release of our F-14 Tomcat series. Kit number 88007 F-14D Tomcat is the first out the door.

With all the accuracy and detail you will have come to expect from us.

Single piece fuselage molding, option of wings; open or closed wing mechanics (spoilers etc), single piece missiles, creative canopy design (technologically advance and never seen in a model kit yet).

This will be an immersive building experience and technically advanc...ed engineering following our motto: Easy To Build.

This is not the box art just a placeholder for concept design.

TOM.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

This is excellent news! AMK, you are going to ruin my bank account!

I'm hoping there will be the option of the bomb racks and LANTIRN also.

Dave (struggling to contain excitement :lol: )

• Like 1

I wonder what the creative canopy design is?

hmmmm

Tamiya did cool things with their Fi 156 Storch in 1/48....with a hybrid clear/ grey fuselage...

Looks interesting , looking forward to this.

Guy

I have asked HQ to release some photos. The Manager in Macau is on holiday and as the photos are his there is no way anyone other than he will release them. Please be patient, I know there are things we can show you, just depends on what HQ want to release now.

On a positive note the decals are being finalised tomorrow.
I am sure there won’t be many surprises on what decals we have decided to do and YES we have taken into account all the suggestions here. The likelihood is that it will be 4 schemes and a mixture of interest levels. Maybe one surprise :)
  • Like 13

I have asked HQ to release some photos. The Manager in Macau is on holiday and as the photos are his there is no way anyone other than he will release them.

Holidays over there are rarely over five days, and only for the Chinese new year, so the pics might be there... tomorrow???

;)

Holidays over there are rarely over five days, and only for the Chinese new year, so the pics might be there... tomorrow???

;)

It's the Dragon Boat Festival holiday, and its a National Holiday 9/10/11 June, so it probably wont be before the weekend.

• Like 1

Hoping for a couple low-vis tactical schemes (I don't care for the CAG birds personally). Or maybe a VF-31 "Sunset" scheme (I've almost bought the AM decals a few times :analintruder: ).

I haven't ever been this excited for a new kit. I'm keeping my vendor up to date with release info so he can get one in shortly after they are available. This and Airfix's new Victor B.2 will be my big purchases this year.

• Like 1

This is fate playing its cards in my favour.

A few years ago, I cleared 20+ Tomcat kits and aftermarket decals from the stash, but I've been left with a couple of decal sheets that I just couldn't shift. The sheets include a selection of A's, B's and D's so if the kit is anywhere near the quality of the Mig-31 I can see me getting at least 1 of each.

• Like 2

This is fate playing its cards in my favour.

A few years ago, I cleared 20+ Tomcat kits and aftermarket decals from the stash, but I've been left with a couple of decal sheets that I just couldn't shift. The sheets include a selection of A's, B's and D's so if the kit is anywhere near the quality of the Mig-31 I can see me getting at least 1 of each.

I'll likely snag an A as well...preferably late as those were the birds VF-213 was equipped with in the mid-90s while they were deployed with us.

I like the D, but too few VF- flew it, thus too few colour options, too much seen.

I think it'll sell less than a A, or even B, so of course it's released first.

I'll wait for the A... But I might change my mind when the Dragon Boat festival is over, and Mr Sio coming back from Thailand, if we got some hints about decal options!

Martin, 2018 for the A is a correct guess, or what?

• Like 1