1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

If it's a D model that's being released first, only 5 active squadrons flew it:

VF-2 'Bounty Hunters'

VF-11 'Red Rippers' (before going back to the B model)

VF-31 'Tomcatters'

VF-101 'Grim Reapers' (training)

VF-213 'Black Lions

Then VX-9 and VX-31 in a test and evaluation role.

Confused by the hint but look forward to the answer!

• Like 2

Ok, further help.

Karma - spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).

What is another way of saying Karma?

What you do now affects the future. If you sow something now you collect it later in life........ you what?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When the announcement was made about creative canopy design I had a feeling this is what was intended, I'm in 2 minds about that particular element of the kit design, with similar concerns to Tony above.

Buy I'm willing to wait and see how it pans out.

Canopy is a great idea....

I can see lots of fogged, wonky (even with the superb fit AMK offer), finger printed F-14 cockpits in the not to distant future though, it will take some careful gluing to get it right.

Be interesting to see how they tackle the sprue attachment points on those seperated canopy pieces...

Maybe there won't be any sprue! 🤔

Maybe there won't be any sprue! 🤔

True but there would still need to be an entry point for plastic to flow into the mold and that point of origin would be a stub/sprue of some sort?

I may be wrong though, not too clued up with modern in fact make that any molding technology...

And also what someone said previously about fixing the pieces in place. Gluing them to a painted frame along a thin edge? Potential for alot to go wrong unless they are a tight click fit in place but then those sort of tolerances will change will a layer of paint on frame etc...

Edited by Tony Oliver

They could have saved themselves the work and just provided some precut masked, inside and out.

Looks a good idea until you add paint. Bet most get glued together first, masked then painted.Or has the Tomcat got a very complex shape that only this way will accurately mold it

Canopy is a great idea....

I can see lots of fogged, wonky (even with the superb fit AMK offer), finger printed F-14 cockpits in the not to distant future though, it will take some careful gluing to get it right.

Use white glue, wear gloves and it shouldn't be an issue