Hasegawa F-4EJ Kai 8Sq Panthers - Doh!

Benson

This is probably a long shot, but I'll give it a go.....

After buying the Hasegawa F-4EJ for the two tone blue scheme, I found that the stencils included in the kit are black and won't show on top of the paint colour.

The box art and all photos I can find show white stencils.

Does anyone know if/where I can get a set of the correct colour?

Thanks,

Si.

The stencils in the kit are correct as far as I can tell. They are black letters on grey background (have a closer look), as per the original. The stencils on the previously grey camo planes were probably masked before the oceanic blue camo was applied.

Jeffrey

Thanks Linus, Red,

It is in 1/48.

I'd seen the Hobby Decal sheet, and was considering it, but I've never used rub-downs so wasn't sure of ease-of-use and thickness once applied.

The Platz one I hadn't seen, but as the Hasegawa sheet included does have a pale background to the decals it should be fine.

I just have to make the commitment to applying that many stencils once it's ready for them now :banghead:

I hadn't used them either but they were extremely resiliant and very easy to use. The bigger decals were perfect water slides too. Every single stencil is readable too.

I would now use them every time if they had the right markings but bear in mind it took me about 10 one hour sessions to get them all on and i used reference books to ensure they were placed properly. The A3 instruction pages are okay to a point but the smaller markings are not too obvious. It became a challenge to ensure i could use them all, but it looked superb when done. See below. I'll put some more pics in the completed models forum.

Phantom-7.jpg

Phantom-5.jpg

I mixed my own colours but they are now available from Mr Color called Oceanic Camouflage

• Like 1