Opinions on colors of Legion Condor He70 in the "Starburst" scheme

Reini78

I've got the AZ version of this, but have yet to do it so I've only given it some very preliminary thought. The kit calls for blue and white, but I gather that German flying clubs in the inter war period (or perhaps just one club?) were known to use a red and white scheme. The mere handful of photographs (maybe two) that I've seen are unclear as to colour.

Of course, cream was a very popular colour during that period - on just about anything, so you can't rule out that variant either!

No help at all, but I share your pain.

Some sources say Cream/Blue, but I'd go for White/Blue. That particular colour scheme was called "Blanca Paloma" (White Pigeon) here in Spain, most likely because that plane was used as a personal hack for some high rank commander.

Here you are some info about these beautiful planes. IMHO, the Heinkel He70 "Rayo" is one of the he most beautiful planes ever built...

Cheers....

pag1-1.jpg

pag2-1.jpg

pag3-1.jpg

pag4.jpg

pag5-1.jpg

pag6-1.jpg

pag7-1.jpg

Edited by Artie
  • Like 2

Hi, Sirs...Thank you very much...This is an article written by my friend J. Arraez, and published in a local military history magazine. I thought it would be a good idea to share it with you....it's not a very usual aircraft, and any info is always welcome...!!!!

If you scroll down to the sixth page, you'll see a very interesting pic of a guy leaning against the tail of a He70.....He is Lt. Miguel Entrena Klett. He didn't have nothing to do with the He 70, but became somehow famous one year after that pic was taken, during 1943 over the spanish Morocco.......He downed a USAC P38 Lightning while piloting a Henkel He 112 deployed at Nador......

Cheers....

Edited by Artie

Some sources say Cream/Blue, but I'd go for White/Blue. That particular colour scheme was called "Blanca Paloma" (White Pigeon) here in Spain, most likely because that plane was used as a personal hack for some high rank commander.

Here you are some info about these beautiful planes. IMHO, the Heinkel He70 "Rayo" is one of the he most beautiful planes ever built...

Cheers....

Can only agree, a very elegant design that still looks modern after all these years.

Thanks for sharing this interesting article !