Revell 1/32 Ju88A-4 with Wallace and Gromit as a sideshow

A masterclass as always :goodjob: oh how I wish I had skills like these.

Regards

Tom

Thanks Tom,

That's very kind but I wouldn't call this a master class though :blush: , I just want to accentuate the panels and covers on the engine nacelles a bit.

:)

The oil washes look like they're creating the right appearance. Very nice!

With regards your question - if there's no prize I'm not guessing!!

(Wouldn't have a clue anyway - it doesn't appear to be a Spitfire!! ;-)

Hope you manage to out the silvering decals!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix,

I'll zap the decals with mark softer and mark set, that will beat them into submission :bangin::evil_laugh::banghead::chair::fight:

Absolutely fantastic work Gremlin !

I love the paint scheme and you have executed it perfectly, the weathering is really adding to the realism and bringing it to life.

Well done for adding all the stencils, I'm ashamed to say I let the side down on that front with my one

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks mate. I wouldn't worry to much about the stencils, I think about three quarters of the applied decals don't show up anyway.

That combined with what gets my prize for the most confusing instruction sheet for the decals made this a "not fun" job.

Still, they are on now so I can make them disappear completely under the weathering :banghead:

My compliments on your 88, great build and paint job and most of all: you finished it and I haven't yet :analintruder:

" Less toy like at a certain point isn't it? "

Always been a big boys toy Julian, just getting bigger :winkgrin:

and better!

As to the clue ....... I can't see a Panzer in there so I'm guess at Lissie

Kev

Yep, it's the vintage Matchbox 1/32 Westland Lysander. Filipe's build had me pulling it out of the stash yesterday for a quick peek. Well, you can see how the quick peek worked out :oops:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 1

You have me seriously tempted to track down one of those 1/32 Lysander kits.

Martin

It's a fascinating aircraft, the stuff of legends. That is where it really starts off Martin. The fact that you can't just potter off to the store to get one of these also adds to the "must have" aspect.

There are still a few gathering dust on evil bay, go for it I would say :winkgrin:

Starting to look like a used 88 now the weathering is spot on , I'm sure the decals will look fine with some gentle persuasion Lizzie looks good hope we are going to see some more of it , lovely aircraft I have seen it display many times and not one that's in the lime light like other known types considering the work it done.

Guy

• Like 1

Damn! Beat me to it. The oil washes look great Julian, I wish mine turned out like that, I either do too much or too little. I have recently bought some oil paint which can be thinned with water, perhaps I'll have more success with that.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Starting to look like a used 88 now the weathering is spot on , I'm sure the decals will look fine with some gentle persuasion Lizzie looks good hope we are going to see some more of it , lovely aircraft I have seen it display many times and not one that's in the lime light like other known types considering the work it done.

Guy

Good morning Guy,

You will definitely see more of the Lissie. Started up a new blog this morning early.

:yahoo::winkgrin:

Damn! Beat me to it. The oil washes look great Julian, I wish mine turned out like that, I either do too much or too little. I have recently bought some oil paint which can be thinned with water, perhaps I'll have more success with that.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Haven't tried the water thinnable oils myself. It took me a while to work the oil washes, leaving the oil on the model long enough, keeping the brush clean but damp, not wet with thinners. Lots of practice but it can do things that acrylics can't do as easily.

Looking good Gremlin.

Silvering of the decals mate, bummer.

Not sure what to do there, but I am sure you will fix it.

BTW the Lizzie....

You are going to need a bigger house with all these builds going on. LOL.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

It is getting to be a problem :winkgrin: Mrs. Gremlin suggested going for 1/144 scale bicycle kits :fight::chair:

• Like 1

Looks amazing Julian and good luck with the Lysander :)

Thank you Bernd, the Ju is amazingly big :winkgrin::D :D I'll agree with you there.

The Lysander is quite a lot of fun to build so far. Pimping the cockpit details at the moment, not state of the art but I have seen much much worse on models af a more recent vintage :hmmm:

• Like 1