Revell 1/32 Ju88A-4 with Wallace and Gromit as a sideshow

Hi Julian.You whant He219 cockpit photos or only plane photos or something special?

Here you are 8 site photos from our forum

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=503&t=50271

Good photos from NASM restoration

http://www.greenmats.club/profile/25-oygen-dem/?do=content&type=gallery_image&page=8

And when you need book is realy good Valiant wings and Kagero 3D

Edited by Reserve_22

Great hairy stick work then Russell, Acrylics and oils are my main staple for models nowadays, can't even remember when I last used enamels. I am spraying the large body sections on my build but the detailing is of course hairy stick. The Badger has given great results, magic airbrushes in use. I gave up on Iwatas, (too fragile), and recently bought a Paasche, (which is great for general purpose work but not up to the detail stuff), but nothing can match my Badgers, (Krome and Velocity).

:winkgrin:

Thanks mate.

I can't believe how much these kits are going for these days. I only managed to find one on ebay (worldwide) and only one anti-pesto van kit and each were going for 35GBP plus postage! Definitely a candidate for a re-issue from Airfix methinks. As much as they're hard work, they're lots of fun and come up great! :ninja:

• Like 1

Hi Julian.You whant He219 cockpit photos or only plane photos or something special?

Here you are 8 site photos from our forum

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=503&t=50271

Good photos from NASM restoration

http://www.greenmats.club/profile/25-oygen-dem/?do=content&type=gallery_image&page=8

And when you need book is realy good Valiant wings and Kagero 3D

Hi Miro,

that is excellent. I'll concentrate on the current build for the moment but when I start the Uhu I'll contact you for any cockpit photos you have. The colour photo of the Uhu is fantastic, I really like the Blue/Greys that the Luftwaffe used in WW II. Thanks for the tip on the books too !

Cheer,

Julian :winkgrin:

Thanks mate.

I can't believe how much these kits are going for these days. I only managed to find one on ebay (worldwide) and only one anti-pesto van kit and each were going for 35GBP plus postage! Definitely a candidate for a re-issue from Airfix methinks. As much as they're hard work, they're lots of fun and come up great! :ninja:

I managed to get hold of mine for 10 GBP plus about the same in postage which is not too bad really. I got hold of a rattle can of bright candy apple red so I'll start grounding the motor and sidecar parts to get them ready for spraying. Painted Wallaces face so I now this goofy grin peering over the edge of my workspace. Mrs. Gremlin56 really thinks I have lost it now :mental: :mental: :yahoo::analintruder::mental::thumbsup:

• Like 2

Great start mate, I'm looking forward to seeing this one develop, I really enjoyed your Fw-190 build and I'm sure you will really make this kit sparkle too.

Coincidentally I literally finished the A-1 version of this kit a couple of days ago, it was my entry in group build on another forum and it goes together really well, spookily I too took some light relief during the Build in the form of Wallace and Gromit lol ! But I did the Anti pesto van, the Airfix kits are great I built the bike and side car last year too and have to agree with everyone that the plastic is truly horrible to sand and the connection between the bike and sidecar is pants lol

Good luck with your builds mate, I'll be following along with you

Pete

I managed to get hold of mine for 10 GBP plus about the same in postage which is not too bad really. I got hold of a rattle can of bright candy apple red so I'll start grounding the motor and sidecar parts to get them ready for spraying. Painted Wallaces face so I now this goofy grin peering over the edge of my workspace. Mrs. Gremlin56 really thinks I have lost it now :mental: :mental: :yahoo::analintruder::mental::thumbsup:

That's a really good price. Lucky for me, my wife bought it when it was still in production for around $35AUD. I never was able to land the Anti Pesto Van set though. Ah nostalgia.

Hehe, sounds like my wife, who reckons I lost it as soon as she discovered my 'little hobby' :evil_laugh:

The work in the cockpit looks lovely. Leave the RLM 02 as it looks good and, as you say, with RLM 66 all the detail would vanish. On the plywood it looks like there is a repeat pattern so was this a decal or something?

Apologies for hijacking your thread Gremlin

I had the same worry that using RLM 66 might mean that everything would be too dark (even with the large amount of glass in the canopy)

I also used the Eduard cockpit set and their version of RLM 66 is quite blue , so in the end I decided to try and get close to that, I found Gunze h305 to be quite a close match to the etch so I used that as a base and then exaggerated the contrast to try and make sure it could be seen at the end

image.jpg1_zps1uhuo4r1.jpg

Pete

• Like 8

An 88 and cheese! You got it going on!

Regards,

Thank you Kent, the models keep me busy enough without the cheese :winkgrin:

Great start mate, I'm looking forward to seeing this one develop, I really enjoyed your Fw-190 build and I'm sure you will really make this kit sparkle too.

Coincidentally I literally finished the A-1 version of this kit a couple of days ago, it was my entry in group build on another forum and it goes together really well, spookily I too took some light relief during the Build in the form of Wallace and Gromit lol ! But I did the Anti pesto van, the Airfix kits are great I built the bike and side car last year too and have to agree with everyone that the plastic is truly horrible to sand and the connection between the bike and sidecar is pants lol

Good luck with your builds mate, I'll be following along with you

Pete

Hi Pete, just goes to show how small and wierd the World is :coolio::winkgrin: I looked around for the anti pesto van but couldn't find one. The motor bike with sidecar is keeping me busy enough. If you would like to post a photo of the van here knock yourself out :)

That's a really good price. Lucky for me, my wife bought it when it was still in production for around $35AUD. I never was able to land the Anti Pesto Van set though. Ah nostalgia.

Hehe, sounds like my wife, who reckons I lost it as soon as she discovered my 'little hobby' :evil_laugh:

:D Mrs. Gremlin56 was reasonably used to 1/200th monsters appearing at the front door but the W & G bike/sidecar seems to have upset her perspective of models :analintruder:

The work in the cockpit looks lovely. Leave the RLM 02 as it looks good and, as you say, with RLM 66 all the detail would vanish. On the plywood it looks like there is a repeat pattern so was this a decal or something?

Hi Nigel, nice 555 build you posted. The RLM 02 is easier to give a weathered appearence. Think Miro's shove in the back and excellent photo might be a good reason to try the RLM 66 :winkgrin: The plywood sheet? It's part of the "Big Ed " interior set. :coolio::winkgrin:

• Like 1

Real life, (in this case Sail Amsterdam 2015), has been keeping me away from the work bench. Luckily I now have 3 days away from work so more progress asap :analintruder:

Edited by Gremlin56

Just out of curiosity Bernd: what colour did you use for your Ju88 cockpit? :fight::winkgrin::yahoo:

For the cockpit, i have used RLM 66. Here is the Link to my 1/32 Ju 88 effort (so far). Time to recover it

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=224404#1890483

For the cockpit, i have used RLM 66. Here is the Link to my 1/32 Ju 88 effort (so far). Time to recover it

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=224404#1890483

You did 66 ? Whoot ! OK, I am in a serious dilemma as to use 02 or 66 :winkgrin: Luckily not a very serious choice :analintruder::D :D

:coolio: You know, about 40 years ago I didn't have these problems :hanging: I don't think anyone was really interested in RLM shades. I think since the start of my 190 build I have spent about 90 Euro's on Vallejo and Lifecolour RLM colours. What the heck am I doing?

:banghead:

• Like 1

Don't worry too much about the colour mate, at the end of the day we build these things to please ourselves so can paint them however we want. It will look a bit darker under the canopy.

But if you think the little voice in your head will say "I should have done it darker" nows the time to change it before the build gets too far

Pete

Ps here's my Anti pesto van

20150513_113440_zpsjm6ur7uf.jpg

20150513_113827_zpsjeyzpcbx.jpg

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 9

Guess thats right, the canopy will hide much of the interior, which is sad, because of all the nice detailing, i have used only some bits from the spare box and it will have these great looking seat belts.

For me i often mix colors to get them, my RLM 66 was just a mix of some Revell gray shades.

Don't worry too much about the colour mate, at the end of the day we build these things to please ourselves so can paint them however we want. It will look a bit darker under the canopy.

But if you think the little voice in your head will say "I should have done it darker" nows the time to change it before the build gets too far

Pete

Ps here's my Anti pesto van

20150513_113440_zpsjm6ur7uf.jpg

20150513_113827_zpsjeyzpcbx.jpg

Magic Pete, fantastic kit ! You did a great job on it :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

Guess thats right, the canopy will hide much of the interior, which is sad, because of all the nice detailing, i have used only some bits from the spare box and it will have these great looking seat belts.

For me i often mix colors to get them, my RLM 66 was just a mix of some Revell gray shades.

Thanks Bernd, sometimes building these things gets a bit too serious. Glad that Gromit's sidecar isn't an RLM tint :mental::winkgrin:

I forgot what a good job you did on your 88. The shading underneath was really great. :thumbsup2::yahoo:

Amazing that your build was a year ago already :coolio:

More for Ju88 fans give ,,restoration"

http://www.ju88.net/

Good morning Miro, thank you ! more excellent reference photos. The fuselage photo is great, really tempting to add the life raft stowage to my build, (yellow dinghy's for the Luftwaffe?).

I see that I got the colour of the Stuvi completely wrong :coolio:, won't be changing that after applying all the Eduard PE. Hope to get some workbench time today so lets see which way the build goes :winkgrin:

Cheers, :bye:

Apologies for hijacking your thread Gremlin

I had the same worry that using RLM 66 might mean that everything would be too dark (even with the large amount of glass in the canopy)

I also used the Eduard cockpit set and their version of RLM 66 is quite blue , so in the end I decided to try and get close to that, I found Gunze h305 to be quite a close match to the etch so I used that as a base and then exaggerated the contrast to try and make sure it could be seen at the end

image.jpg1_zps1uhuo4r1.jpg

Pete

Gorgeous build Pete, hope I can build something just as good :goodjob: :goodjob:

26/6 update:

Miro sent an interesting photo of a Ju88 undergoing restoration. The life raft stowage on top of the fuselage is clearly visible in the photo and might be a fun part to scratchbuild.

I have changed the cockpit colour to RLM 66, ( no Miro, I'll leave the rivets alone at the moment :D :D ):

DSCN3030.jpg

The sideshow is showing more progress than the Ju88 at the moment:

DSCN3026.jpg

DSCN3027.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3029.jpg

A long way to go with both at the moment ;)

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 10