Revell 1/32 Ju88A-4 with Wallace and Gromit as a sideshow

Very nice Julian. Starting to take shape now :coolio:

Hi Russell, yes, getting things within reach now :winkgrin:

Lovely detailing work, I would love to see a tropical scheme. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Nigel,

you will be seeing a Ju-88 in Trop scheme :coolio::winkgrin:

Looking good Gremlin, more excellent work on yout Junkers. :goodjob:

Hi Greg, thanks mate. Finally making progress here :analintruder:

Now that bottom photo would look great as a diorama Julian a good way of showing off your detail work with the engines un covered :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Keith

Stop tempting me here Keith. I am not doing a diorama here. Miro's remarks about a black finish for the night raids has got me thinking though. As Baldrick would say: I have a cunning plan.................... :winkgrin::mental:

• Like 4

Its pity that photo text is only in Japan scattered tea because that Grandfather looks not like ground personal :hmmm:

Looks like he's working on the pilot's side windows, (which are not modeled on the revell kit). I can't imagine that the Luftwaffe would have used forced labour even if it was available in North Africa or Sicily. Local window repair man? :coolio:

• Like 1

Would love to see the tropical scheme with black undersides, it would look very striking if you could get the weathering right.....I know you love your weathering! :winkgrin:

Thanks Andy, I'll see what I can work out here. The black is tempting but the blue with white wingtips looks pretty good too :hmmm:

What, one that cannot fail?

Martin

A plan that cannot be changed isn't a good plan, (or something like that Martin :winkgrin: )

"So cunning you could pin a tail on and call it a weasel!" :hmmm:

It's really that cunning Andy :analintruder::coolio:

• Like 1

Better be careful, if you do the one in the photo we will all be able to see if you miss any patches!

By the way, I have nothing against the Ju 88, I know it was a fantastic aircraft which was used in multiple roles. I don't know why, but it's just not an aircraft that appeals to me. It does look a fine big beast though.

Cheers

John :pilot::bouncy::pilot:

• Like 1

Is the plan as cunning as a fox with a degree of cunning from the University of Cambridge?

Martin

PS: What is the plan anyway? It just seemed to me that if we are discussing a cunning plan, we ought to know what t is.

Is the plan as cunning as a fox with a degree of cunning from the University of Cambridge?

Martin

PS: What is the plan anyway? It just seemed to me that if we are discussing a cunning plan, we ought to know what t is.

Hi Martin, how can I have the best of both worlds in one build? Still mulling over the way to do what I want to do with this aircraft.

Also not much to work with, just Miro's photos.

I think the saying was "gently, gently, catchee monkey" or something similarly corny and ridiculous.

:winkgrin:

Better be careful, if you do the one in the photo we will all be able to see if you miss any patches!

By the way, I have nothing against the Ju 88, I know it was a fantastic aircraft which was used in multiple roles. I don't know why, but it's just not an aircraft that appeals to me. It does look a fine big beast though.

Cheers

John :pilot::bouncy::pilot:

I have heard of and had brush-in's with rivet counters but patch counting is really pushing the envelope here John :fight:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 2

The glass ware looks a great fit Gremlin, and those classic lines are now appearing. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Simon.

Hi Simon, with canopies this big it takes just one smudge to really pooch the build. Really scary :analintruder:

Its really starting to shape up with those transparencies on.

Martin

Thanks Martin, have you worked out what my plan is yet? I left a couple of clues :coolio::winkgrin:

Seeing this is really making me want to finish the one I started approx 6 years ago and lies in a box in my room with just the cockpit painted.

Great work.

Only one way to approach a problem like that Alan: open the box again and restart building :winkgrin:

A little bit of fettering I can see there but not bad made.

And as you said, there is a lot of clear panels to see your work through.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

It's not too bad a fit Simon, it slipped off to the starboard side while I was taking the photos. It's a moot point anyway at the moment because I just dropped it and now have two pieces again :hanging::banghead::fight:

Back to the glue pot :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :yahoo:

Edited by Gremlin56