CMR/Rebell Hobby Venom J-33 (aka NF.2A or export NF.51)

Here are some pictures of the CMR/Rebell Hobby (Maestro) release of the DeHaviland Venom J-33 in the Swedish Air Force (with the parts to allow you to make the early or late versions) made by a Czech modelling friend, Jaromir Senft.

Sweden was the only foreign export user of the NF.2/2A Venom (export version NF.51, alias the J33) variant so this CMR/Rebell Hobby model is the real accurate model available .....and definitely NOT the CyberHobby release which is just their poor representation of an NF.3 with some alternative and incorrect sized decals. The NF.3 never flew with the Swedes and has a different shaped nose radome, ejection seats and other details.....before taking into account the errors transferred over from their CyberHobby Sea Venom kit!!

CMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_b.jpgCMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_a.jpg

CMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_c.jpg

CMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_d.jpgCMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_e.jpg

CMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_f.jpg

CMR_Rebell_Venom%20J33_g.jpg

This is the model release it was made from:-

Rebell%20Hobby_Venom%20J33_Advert.jpg

If you want to try your hand at a resin model, I can thoroughly recommend any of the Czech Master Resin range. They all come with multiple decal options and fine details from careful research by Petr Buchar and friends. Most have etch frets, vacuform canopies and masks too, so a complete set with no need for extras (which, along with their limited production size, will account for the higher price over injection molded ).......well complete except paint and glue. They can also be quicker to complete with the use of super glue so setting times cut down, I have assembled some from my suitcase model box during trips away, just don't get superglue on the hotel furniture!

Regards Andy

• Like 12