The things you see on holiday

Stosh65

Landing at Gatwick on Friday morning I spotted this as we taxied in. Most attractive I thought, I wasn't aware Boeing did stuff like this but its pretty obvious when you think about it.

The_6000th_737_%283631938485%29.jpg

Picture from google, not Gatwick as the camera was in the hold and my phone was off and takes forever to start.

• Like 1

I tried to take a photo of a Turkish AF Hercules parked next to our airliner as we walked out to it on the pan to come home but I was arrested, beaten up and banged up for 4 years in a prison which put the film `Midnight Express' to shame!

only joking,.....but the moral of the story is,....be careful what you photograph while on holiday!

In reality,.....I was was arrested in Turkey for taking a photo of a row of knackered old silver and orange painted T-33`s on the flightline after landing in Turkey aboard an RAF Herk, and as I`d been to Greece on exercise the previous year they also thought that I was a Greek spy,......but thankfully my Troop OC got me released after surrendering my film,....so I was nearly going to clink and the film Midnight Express was most definitely on my mind!

Cheers

Tony.

• Like 2

This A.109 landed next to us at Verona as we were waiting to fly home. Quick shot with an iPhone. null_zps70fb691d.jpg

Trevor

Blimey that's an old AII, I thought they only had Powers now.

I hope I can get some pictures of an Uzbek IL-76, but it is a bit of a Police State. I will ask nicely before taking my camera out. They have civil and military variants, probably only the colour scheme varies.