Of interest to Luft ' 46 nuts, maybe?

kolibri282

I don't hold with any Nazi ideology. The whole era was horrendous in every way. I do find the ideas the Germans toyed with fascinating. I build these whacky planes and I have great fun when they are completed. I would never glorify Nazism in any shape or form though. After reading the tomes I have on the atrocities and carnage committed by the psychopaths and madmen involved in the Holocaust. I had serious reservations even using swastikas on these models, but I think of it as representations of historical aircraft and of great interest.

I never forget these were machines of war built by a tyrannical regime intent on genocide and world domination. I also make it plain to everyone my position on my model making and my feelings on the Nazi regime. Because I build these models and have a huge library on the subject does not make me inclined to wear jackboots and shout Seig Heil with my arm out stretched goose stepping down the street.

Ahem, before this gets locked,

Would it be fair to say that. throughout the history

of flight, people of many nations have contributed

to achieve the diversity of aircraft types that we

employ today. :pilot:

I like a good 'Buck Rogers' rocket ship, too!

;^P

I get drawn into these 'paper planes' simply because I am looking for a use of all the spare bits in my parts-box. Waste-not, want-not.

Regards, Robert

• Like 1

We enjoy a constructive hobby. Bringing What-Ifs to life is just another expression of this. Be they Luft '46, RAF '50s, Buck Rogers or whatever. We must remember that many of the things we make are designed to bring harm to others regardless of the Political System they were created under.

I say each to their own but be prepared to defend your decision in a civilised manner if challenged. Others may have a different view....

• Like 1

Pray tell, what is this "fun" of which you speak?

Build without references. Choose RLM colours in the 90's and dare anyone to say "That's wrong"!

Model only after your second Stella.

Trevor

• Like 1

Build without references. Choose RLM colours in the 90's and dare anyone to say "That's wrong"!

Model only after your second Stella.

Trevor

+1

I could not agree more...though I might substitute a good Bourbon for the Stella when necessary.

• Like 2

The whole era was horrendous in every way.

Well.......think about Glenn Miller, the Duesemberg and Guinness factory still delivering barrels of the black and tan marvel.....not everything was bad back then...:) :)