Meng Model Lancaster (Egg-plane)

VMA131Marine

Some pics of the new Meng Model egg-Lancaster box contents:

18559400249_f4577dcab4_c.jpg
18745598485_bb7d3b731a_c.jpg
The main airframe pieces are individually bagged and there is no evidence of a sprue to remove.The parts are molded in approximately correct colours (upper wing and fuselage surfaces in dark earth and lower surfaces in black) so that younger modelers need not paint the model to achieve a nice looking finished model.
18557870830_6cd5e7dda6_c.jpg
18557807198_9ac44b41f6_c.jpg
The clear parts sprue is thoughtfully double bagged for protection
18559307339_2d2b14d42a_c.jpg
The black parts sprue contains the smaller pieces like the props, landing gear, wheels, gun barrels and bombs. Bomb load includes what I think are six 500 pounders and a 4000lb "cookie."
18559384569_0f69e496cc_c.jpg
There is a collector card with some nice illustrations on both sides and some explanatory text that I cannot read because it's in Chinese.
18740686352_62b90b606c_c.jpg
Future releases perhaps?
18740672492_3debb3846b_c.jpg
Stickers rather than of waterslide decals, (which the B-17G kit has).
18124913073_50ec5ca64e_c.jpg
Finally, the instruction booklet is clearly illustrated to guide the modeler through the assembly of the (few) parts that make up this model. No glue is required, but I would guess that more experienced modelers will want to cement the parts together and fill seams to prepare the model for painting.
18124953483_785f421de0_c.jpg
18559391959_1a65b475a2_c.jpg
Meng provide colour names but don't cross reference these with suggested matches from any of the available brands
18740674362_d1cb4b9360_c.jpg
18740702522_b92e6196ca_c.jpg
  • Like 6

Are you sure it isn`t another attempt by Revell do do a Halifax?

Does look good for a laugh mind you and I might get one if they are not too expensive,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 8

It's odd that they would do one with stickers and one with decals - packaging error maybe. I nearly bought one in Melbourne and I see plenty of these turning up in eggplane categories this year :)

Will

It's odd that they would do one with stickers and one with decals - packaging error maybe. I nearly bought one in Melbourne and I see plenty of these turning up in eggplane categories this year :)

Will

Agreed...it's a bit gimmicky...when I built my Revell "Spitsfire" I threw the stickers away and built a Whiffer...may have to do the same here

Will

I think it more likely that they are testing the waters to see which gets the better response. It will be interesting to see what type of markings the He 177 comes with.

Are you sure it isn`t another attempt by Revell do do a Halifax?

Does look good for a laugh mind you and I might get one if they are not too expensive,

Cheers

Tony

About GBP 6 for the kit and GBP 5 for shipping from HobbyEasy

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/ue08gnhk0sdi7ftnom8o.html?t=1434145052

Edited by VMA131Marine

Shark mouths - look PC, shark mouths!

I am seriously tempted, but it may be the wine :D

It's Ropey! Same Lancaster I built at the start of this year.

• Like 2

You just know a rivet counters going to wander over to the stand and say something dont you!!!!

That not the right markings for a mk56 Lancaster they should be blue sharks mouths...................

My granddad flew those in the boar war against the fuzzy wuzzies!!!!!

Shark mouths - look PC, shark mouths!

I am seriously tempted, but it may be the wine :D

I've been alcohol free for the last 45 minutes and I still want one! :D

I was a bit sceptical of this when I heard about it, but now I've seen it I quite like it. I'd be interested to see the He.177 now :)

• 4 months later...

Had to get one of these as soon as I saw it. The stickers are not too bad, nice matte finish, though I discarded the ones for the top of the horizontal tail surfaces and painted the Dark Earth/Dark Green overall. Might pick up the B-17G now.

DSCN5796.jpg

• Like 3

a Lancastrian Nene testbed (!) as an EGG plane

I think that booklet is actually meant to be a serious Lancaster historical summary - hence my post above

Here's one I prepared earlier...........

22429852556_1488df374c_b.jpg

It is W4783, the famous G-George at the AWM. They had an idea of selling them to visitors in G-George markings but decided there was insufficient market.

The Meng kit is brilliantly engineered if a bit silly..........

The Meng kit is brilliantly engineered if a bit silly..........

Tsk...nothing silly about egg-planes... :whistle:

021_zps3e541122.jpg

This one will definitely be added to the collection! Nice build!

• Like 5