4th Bengal Lancer

Converted in 1840 to the East India Company service as the 6th Bengal Irregular Cavalry. They were granted an Honorary Standard for service in Sind in 1844, bearing the device of a lion 'passant regardant'. As part of the 1861 reforms it was added to the regular establishment as the 4th Regiment of Bengal Cavalry. The 4th's first battle honour is Afghanistan North-West Frontier 1879-80 for service during the Second Afghan War. They went through four changes of title between 1900 and 1904, initially owing to the regiment being rearmed with the lance. Mine represents the 4th Bengal Lancers around this time.

411361539.jpg

411361540.jpg

411361541.jpg

411361542.jpg

411361545.jpg

• Like 5

Great Bengal Lancer. Really colourful. Joe

• Like 1

Ratch,

I like your Bengal Lancer.

you did an AWESOME job :worthy::worthy:

Now this is close to MY heart as MY MOM had a BENGAL LANCER who was HER Bodyguard when she was a kid, as HER father was a Diplomat during the BRITISH RAJ and accompanied MY Mom to and from school and was a constant companion day and night to make sure SHE was never harmed by anyone. { She even had him play kid games with HER ! } :heart::heart::heart:

I have a Bengal Lancer that a very good friend of MINE made for ME. :heart:

Ratch a huge pat on the back for ya . :clap:

• Like 1

Thanks very much guys, glad you like him. I swapped the supplied horse with that which comes with the French Cuirassier - but I have another to build, which will be from another regiment :winkgrin: