Three Heller oldies: Amiot 143, Breguet 693 & Bloch 174

Hi,

From mine deep archive of French airplanes - three old Hellers: Amiot 143, Breguet 693 and Bloch 174....

I made them many years ago - Amiot comes from my school years (I think I made it in 1976 or 1975), Bloch 174 and Breguet 693 are from 1992 and 1993. Before posting them I just washed them and added as usually fresh coat of Vallejo Matt varnish, which apparently is a rather satin, not complete matt.

Amiot 143c is in markings of GB II/38, France 1940:

amiot DSC04335amiot DSC04337amiot DSC04338amiot DSC04339amiot DSC04341amiot DSC04343

Breguet 693 is in markings of training unit of Regia Aeronautica, Oran, March 1943. She wear overpainted Vichy markings, the machine belonged before to Gr 1/51. There was an mistake in ilalian markings (not mine, but in 1943 :) ) - The fasces on wings are not mirror-symmetric, but all one direction.

br693 DSC04342br693 DSC04347bre693 DSC04345bre693 DSC04344bre693 DSC04346

Bloch 174 is in markings of GR II/33 1e Esc., Tunis, Ai-Aouina, 1941-2, pilot Sgt. Joannic (decals from drawer, some hand painting like pilot name or emblems on tails):

bloch 174 DSC04351bloch 174 DSC04352bloch 174 DSC04350bloch 174 DSC04349bloch 174 DSC04348

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 37

Very nice, I like the colour scheme on the Amiot,.......imagine bombing Germany in a relic like that, they were brave men!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thank you Gents for comments :)

Darby - yes, I will keep posting them, but not much left to be posted. 50 or so, no more...

Chris - I agree, ne mould of Amiot 143 would be interesting. Among some twenty Frech machines, which I still have in stash, there is Farman 223 - even bigger bomber nicley done (at least in box) by Azur. Perhaps they can issue also Amiot 143, especially that they cover some range of some Hellers like Potez 630 series or MB 152. By the way - there is a lot of French machines not present in injection model form - starting with the most obvious Potez XXV and Breguet XIX, but then realy a long list of machines which took some part in WWII or in Spanish Civil War, among them some hydroplanes and huge fying boats, for instance.

Tony - I agrre, that they who fought in Amiot had to be were brave, however I think that flying over Germany even in B-17 was challagnig... - the rear gunner survived two missions in averege, as far as I remeber...

BTW - Amiot 143 is something like HP Harrow or Bristol Bombay in RAF. Two engines, upper wing, one of last bombers without retractable wheels.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

In this day and age what a joy to see this trio. Though I confess have built but one French aircraft back in the early 1970's, I do like their colourful paint schemes.

These three look stunning- more so given their age, (oh once again a nostalgia trip for me- bring 'em on) you've done a cracking job, well done.

Regards Adrian

• Like 1

Thank you Adrian, Plastix and Nick for comments.

For me they are also very nostalgic. I bought all three kits during my school days, perhaps when I was 15 (1974) and I manage to do only Amiot in those years, before I finished high school.Two others survived then my 12 or 13 years break in modelling for most of studies and mariage, small kids etc. - when I sold many kits from my stash and a lot of my early models, I maen which were made already.Then I made Breguet and Bloch 174 when I was about 33--34. Two others Hellers: Bloch 210 and Potez 540 (I posted them some months ago) were waiting in stash till about 2005 - so about 30 years in stash... BTW - at moment I have Rareplane vacu Aircomet in stash waiting more then 30 years already....

J-W

I do like those Jerzy, lots & lots. :) I like your models & the way that you do them, pity you live so far away, I'd love to have a close up look thru your collection, I haven't seen you put up a single one I didn't like.

Steve.

• Like 1

Well done Jerzy, a 40 year old model in such great condition and built so well to start with, Love it!! And the other two are just as exceptional. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Shane

• Like 1

Thank you Steve and Shane for nice comments :)

pity you live so far away,

Who is living so far? Me? :) :) :)

BTW - it really incredible that we can share with results of our hobby in this way despite 20 000 km distance...

Anyway - you are welcomed! - do not forget about Krakow if you will planing trip to Europe :) - It will be great to meet here.

Regards

J-W

I love it when interesting aircraft get all dressed up and go out for dinner!

The French aircraft are all class and this trio look absolutely amazing.

Well done indeed.

Sante!

• Like 1

Thank you Gentelmen for comments :) - I agree that It would be nice to see new moulds for some classic old French kits, but also

the "never moulded" list of French airplanes is particulary long.... I welcome out of this list Caudron Goeland, which just arrived from RS. I hope next will be Potez 566, Bloch 220.... :)

Cheers

J-W

Three old survivors of your 1970's collection.

Good condition after about 40 years.

Nice paint for these 3 kits.

Amiot 143 was an awful obsolete plane.

Exotic italian markings for Breguet 693.

Nice Vichy air force with red and yellow stripes for Bloch 174.

Bloch 174 was a good plane. It was produced after the war. For information Marcel Bloch changed his name for Marcel Dassault during the WW2.

• Like 1