Heinkel He112-V6. Legión Condor, 1937.

Artie

This is actually an old build, but one of my favourites in my collection. It's the Rest Models kit in 1/48 scale....an excellent resin kit indeed.

It was built OOB and painted with Testors Metallizers. The colour scheme is actually a spurious one, as no photographic evidence is clear about it. Some sources say natural metal overall, while others say RLM02.

I hope you'll like it...

he112v6_3.jpg

he112v6_2.jpg

he112v6_1.jpg

Edited by Artie
  • Like 14

That's a wonderful rendering of the initial He 112, bearing all the characteristics of the Günther brothers.

Superb model – wouldn't it garner more interest still in the Ready for inspection sub forum?

Impressive work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Very nice indeed. I have to check if it is available in 1/72.

I would also advice to post it in Ready For Inspection

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Sirs. you're right..I posted it in the wrong forum. My blame....

Anyway, your comments are welcome. This is a kit you really enjoy, and wouldn't mind buiding it again.....

IMHO, Rest Models are excellent kits, not on the cheap side, but a joy to build and a pride to display...

Thank you very much again....

Best regards..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Beautiful model.  Good luck finding any Rest Model they seem to be very hard to locate unless you feel like paying between $399-600 off eBay for one    They did a SCW and Russian markings R-5 in 1/48 (there's one on eBay now for $399) I really wish was redone in plastic.  

Edited by cduckworth
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 5:08 PM, JWM said:

Very nice indeed. I have to check if it is available in 1/72.

I would also advice to post it in Ready For Inspection

Cheers

J-W

I seem to recall there was an all-resin kit in 1/72, but I don't remember the maker- Planet, perhaps? Sorry!

Mike

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrzeM said:

I'm almost sure it was natural metal - different colours of various panels seem to prove that option.

The panels are IMHO the only one existing here suggestion of NMF, but not the prove. In the background there is "silver" finished Breguet XIX which is much more bright and the undercarridge legs are also bright like they would be also painted alu. The puzzle is not solved I am sorry to say. I can imagine that it is a transparent (but a bit yellow)  lacquer and the film was ortochromatic. Of course this is only speculation... Or it is RLM-02 and orto film...

Nevertheless - model looks great indeed :) !

Cheers

J-W

For those looking for a kit of the model; In 1/72, RS models did a (very nice) resin kit in 1/72.

Dekno also did a slightly less pleasant to build (chunky and a bit crude) 1/72 resin model. It's still a decent basis for detailing.

AFAIK the Rest models kit was the only one in 1/48.

RS models also made quite a range of kits of other early variants/prototypes of the He-112 including the rocket power test bed.

A little hard to find, but not in the three figure price bracket yet :o!

All the best

TonyT

14 hours ago, JWM said:

The panels are IMHO the only one existing here suggestion of NMF, but not the prove. In the background there is "silver" finished Breguet XIX which is much more bright and the undercarridge legs are also bright like they would be also painted alu. The puzzle is not solved I am sorry to say. I can imagine that it is a transparent (but a bit yellow)  lacquer and the film was ortochromatic. Of course this is only speculation... Or it is RLM-02 and orto film...

As you wrote, Breguet is most probably painted in uniform silver/aluminium.

I firmly belive that this Heinkel is in natural aluminium, quite crude and unevenly shiny or dull, as it was prototype made from scratch material.

Look at these photos:

he-112.jpg

279969c574ae6ae769a24155bd77687a.jpg

While these are apparently in RLM 02:

0603_he-112.jpg

he112-9.jpg

You can also compare Heinkels with Polish prototypes, known to be in natural finish typical for prototypes:

p-11-i-a.jpg

Scan_2_be5a9e6130869a22dd715a7412430eb5.

p8-3.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrzeM said:

As you wrote, Breguet is most probably painted in uniform silver/aluminium.

I firmly belive that this Heinkel is in natural aluminium, quite crude and unevenly shiny or dull, as it was prototype made from scratch material.

Look at these photos:

he-112.jpg

279969c574ae6ae769a24155bd77687a.jpg

While these are apparently in RLM 02:

0603_he-112.jpg

he112-9.jpg

You can also compare Heinkels with Polish prototypes, known to be in natural finish typical for prototypes:

p-11-i-a.jpg

Scan_2_be5a9e6130869a22dd715a7412430eb5.

p8-3.jpg

GzeM,

Excellent photos, especially the He-112's- thanks for sharing them! Looking at the photo of what I think is D-ISJY, are some of the panels and maybe even the upper and rear fuselage finished in RLM02 or RLM 63? They sure look darker and duller than  the rest of the metalwork. Black and white photos are always a challenge for us modelers! What do you think? Sure is a rugged-looking beast!

Mike

• Like 1

Perhaps the engine cowling is painted?

I suggest that the colour (where there is one, as on the other examples) is probably RLM 63 rather than RLM02.  At this stage 02 was normally only an interior colour, until the changes in the paint chemistry introduced with the new 70/71 camouflage in 1938.  RLM63 was a similar pale greenish colour to 02 (excuse imprecision), but faded/weathered/chalked quite quickly to a light grey.  Hence much of the confusion in various publications.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Looking at the photo of what I think is D-ISJY, are some of the panels and maybe even the upper and rear fuselage finished in RLM02 or RLM 63? They sure look darker and duller than  the rest of the metalwork.

Very good point. I think you are right - nose and the tail look uniformly painted.

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

I suggest that the colour (where there is one, as on the other examples) is probably RLM 63 rather than RLM02.  At this stage 02 was normally only an interior colour, until the changes in the paint chemistry introduced with the new 70/71 camouflage in 1938.  RLM63 was a similar pale greenish colour to 02 (excuse imprecision), but faded/weathered/chalked quite quickly to a light grey.  Hence much of the confusion in various publications.

You are right I think. Thank you for correction!

Well, who knows it for sure?... The colour is really very dark compared to Breguet aluminum behind it and compare to bright undercarridge. I stay with my doubts about NMF...

J-W