Couple of Worcestershire airshows coming up!

Rick Brown

I've heard good things about the Evesham bash.

My Brother is involved in it in some way and enjoys it.

Tickets booked for Throckmorton, wife did it yesterday as she and the kids enjoy it.

I tend to lend a hand to the Croft farm air day. Not sure in what way this year yet!

Rick.

I'll be there tomorrow Rick - The weather is looking perfect, the kids are looking forward to it, even the Mrs is looking forward to it.

We went to the Evesham show last year, it was a good day (apart from being too hot, the kids cooked a bit).

Nick

• Like 1

Yeh!!

Must get me an old, smelly, combat jacket to cover in badges........

Rick.

lol ive got an old us one that's got few badges on mind doubt fits me know............

Edited by batcode
  • Like 1

Just to confirm Throckmorton frequency for tomorrow.

It's 132.900

Croft farm will be 122.250 with me mate Tom in the "Tower" (lol, farm trailer)!

Rick.

EDIT....

To update and confirm Throckmorton frequency.

Ok. Right.

Throckmorton.

Traffic to get in was worse than anything I've ever been in!

What was all that about? I ended up doing some "Interesting" manoeuvring and using local knowledge went in the back way. Parking about a mile away and walking. Took 2:30 to get there from home, about 20mins away.

Very poor organisation.

Anyway, the flying was good, loved the Blenheim, Spitfire mkXIX and Vulcan in particular. Pity the BBMF couldn't get there.

I had a quick walk round, but didn't get too excited about the displays. Same old stuff really.

This isn't a criticism, just stuff that doesn't take my interest.

Good that it was a sellout and goes to charity.

Didn't take many pictures as I like to see these things with my own eyes and brain these days. To many years behind the lense I guess.

Would I go next year? Probably not unless they sort the traffic.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it.

Roll on Croft Farm, much more my level of show.

Rick.

• Like 1

Getting out of the on-site car-parks was every bit as bad.....Hour and three quarters or thereabouts to get off site. :sleep_1:

TBH I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would go again, but I'd definitely support your call for better organised access & parking. :pray:

The adjacent land-fill site really doesn't add much to the ambience of the place though. :shutup:

• Like 1

I was lucky and got in quickly, took a gamble on going in the same way we did last year, the road was blocked but they saw sense and opened it just before we turned around. . We left left Malvern at 10:00 and drove the gates at 11:00. Bloody flukey...

Feel very sorry for those that didn't even get in. And lo and behold they WERE taking cash on the gate. I enjoyed the flying displays, but it felt like a different show than the last couple of years. Not sure if i'll be going next year.

Will be going to Defford though, so see you there Rick!

Nick

Edited by nick32
  • Like 1

It didn't take very long to get home, but we were parked in the village and the road had been closed off that way from the site.

Not sure what they'll do next year, I'll do a bit of digging.

Rick.