The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

16 hours ago, HMSLion said:

In other news, I got two of the Camels in my grubby little hands from Sprue Brothers.  Will start in on the Ship's Camel this weekend.

I am so looking forward to getting mine but I find it very disappointing that there is no news when these will arrive in the UK, nor any comment from WNW.

No doubt I will be like a kid at Christmas when they do arrive.

6 hours ago, andrewfl290 said:

I am so looking forward to getting mine but I find it very disappointing that there is no news when these will arrive in the UK, nor any comment from WNW.

No doubt I will be like a kid at Christmas when they do arrive.

Andrew, I can tell you that the European Distributor's stock of Wingnut Wings kits is due to arrive in Hamburg on a Container Vessel on the 15th March (It's currently on it's way to Hong Kong from Tokyo). It'll take them a few days to clear Customs and then be taken into stock before being dispatched to the various retailers throughout Europe.

At the moment AFAIK there is no UK Distributor which explains why you've not seen any official statement regarding their arrival into the UK, hopefully your WnW Retailer should be keeping you up to date with the latest news.

Duncan B

• Like 1

I have had an update from the European Distributor that their Wingnut Wings Stock "Will arrive by March 15th" and they go on to instruct me to "Sell like Hell"!

I have been reassured that I will get all the stock that I have requested so maybe I'll be able to sleep at night now (I've had nightmares about Beardie battering my door down in the middle of the night an bagpiping me to death). I'm not going to re-open pre-orders at the moment but I will once it's confirmed that my order has been dispatched to me.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Oh no I think that failure to make with the Camels would deserve some serious heavy hillbilly banjo rather than the joyous skirl o' the pipes :guitar:

(Couldn't find an emoticon with a banjo but just think 'Deliverance' :wicked:)

(just kidding of course)

• Like 3

A few guys in the States have managed to get hold of some, but the whole delayed availability issue surrounding these Camels has been nothing short of farcical. Makes you hanker for the good old days of ordering direct from WNW: Order confirmed same day, posted out usually within a couple of days, kits in yer mits within around 3 weeks. The free postage was another bonus of course but I could even have lived without that in order to still get the same level of service now. And involving Weta in the food chain has been a disaster.

• Like 1

Just read today the extensive Dave Johnson build review in the March 2017 edition of 'Military Illustrated Modeller'.

Overall, he describes it as being in his 'Top 5' WNW kits however he did exercise caution in lining up the 3 parts upper wing section to keep them in true. Also and quite alarmingly, one of his cabane struts had a clean break for no reason after assembly and he says that he spoke with Richard Alexander at WNW about it and was advised that the best conclusion reached was one of - "two different plastic temperatures may have cooled at this point creating a weak point in the plastic."

Overall, a very encouraging build and review and let's hope that the cabane/plastic issue is just a one off fluke or, it is sorted for general release (IF) there was a molding issue?

Gary

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duncan B said:

"Our" Wingnut Wings are now enroute to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia so have started the long haul west. 

(Wyvern get those gunships ready to cover the entrance to the Red Sea!)

Duncan B

Hello Duncan what is the name of the container ship?  

10 minutes ago, Bear Paw said:

what is the name of the container ship?  

Based on the fact that sooner or later the wife is going to find out about my order,

Titan%20Uranus.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Duncan B said:

"Our" Wingnut Wings are now enroute to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia so have started the long haul west. 

(Wyvern get those gunships ready to cover the entrance to the Red Sea!)

Duncan B

Funnily enough, another passed over yesterday...:wicked:

Didn't know that WNW Camels were so important to the stability of the world!

Christian, exiled to africa

• Like 1

"Our' Camels are still in the southern hemisphere but are turning north as I type. They are rounding the southern most point of Sri Lanka right now and it'll be a straight line across the Indian Ocean from there to the Red Sea. They'll be launching the Felixstowes to patrol ahead of them as they go. (I might have made that last bit up)

Duncan B

• Like 3