The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

Darn that is a nuisance, still seems that the Hannants price works out over £20 better but..... Will Hannants actually get them in and will they honour that price? I wish I knew which way to go on this one. Anyone have experience of pre-ordering from Hannant's?

I take it the 'Shipping Q1 2017' on Weta means first quarter of 2017 and so it could be available any time between now and the end of March.

There was some stock for pre-order in the EU warehouse - I got a 'One Left' message on a couple of them when I placed mine.

I wanted a Ships Camel but it was showing as a separate shipment so I'd guess that means they don't have stock of that boxing at the moment to commit to a shipment. I was able to add a BR.1 to be included with my order so presumably there was stock available.

Beardie, I'm going to chance the big H here. At £20 difference per kit, it's not insignificant - and Weta want to charge individual postage for each kit. Something that can be hopefully be avoided.

although it entirely depends on how many people have also pre-ordered too and stock they get in?

i've gone for the 5 but not the duallists. I'm sure we can work quite well on one kidney? Right?

• Like 2

Well my pre-order is in with Hannants too although I just went for three for the moment as the Ships Camel, USAS and Duellist kits are not of terrifically great interest to me. I have also sent an email to Hannants to ask if the Pre-order price is fixed once you have pre-ordered and also how certain they are that they will be able to get stock in. Hopefully they will be more forthcoming than Wingnut Wings and Weta ever are. It would be excellent if they could get all the Wingnut range in at these 'same as or cheaper than through Weta' prices and no waiting on international post.

I ordered 3 kits from Weta EU and it worked out at €91 per kit inc VAT and shipping = £79, the same as Hannants.

The Weta dollars @ 10% work out the same as the pre-order discount from Hannants.

Most likely if people are being charged separate shipping on each kit it's because the warehouse doesn't currently have stock.

Once they have stock you'll be able to combine the shipping costs.

In GBP the Camel is £64.41 + vat at Weta Workshop, I make that with vat around £77 plus shipping per kit so Hannants prices are not far from the mark but 10% discount on pre-orders and free shipping (assuming they are all sent out together) makes it more attractive. Interestingly the Snipe which is the same base price as the Camel jumped £20 at Hannants just after the Brexit vote in the summer from £69.99 to £89.99 (reason I know this is that I purchased one at the lower price and considered a second one and saw the price jump). I guess in part that was uncertainty of supply as I don't think Weta were supplying the kits at that point.

I saw the same thing back then. I bought the Rumpler from Hannants and it jumped £20 a couple of hours later. I think that, rather than Brexit, it was actually the fact that Weta became the sole retailer of Wingnut Wings that caused the price hike. The quoted prices from Hannants for the Camels would seem to suggest that Wingnut Wings have decided to distribute to other retailers again.

3 hours ago, andrewfl290 said:

In GBP the Camel is £64.41 + vat at Weta Workshop, I make that with vat around £77 plus shipping per kit so Hannants prices are not far from the mark but 10% discount on pre-orders and free shipping (assuming they are all sent out together) makes it more attractive. Interestingly the Snipe which is the same base price as the Camel jumped £20 at Hannants just after the Brexit vote in the summer from £69.99 to £89.99 (reason I know this is that I purchased one at the lower price and considered a second one and saw the price jump). I guess in part that was uncertainty of supply as I don't think Weta were supplying the kits at that point.

I've tried Weta again this morning. Processed through an order to nearly the end. Price quote for one Camel kit is £64-88, standard shipping £12-96 and then VAT on kit/shipping of £16-35 Grand Total £94-19. So it makes Hannant's pre-order price £22-20 cheaper. Even at their full price they are £14-20 cheaper.

A not insignificant difference!

Edited by PDH
Grammar

I have placed an order with 'Weta' last night (Just in case the Hannants pre order price gets 'revised' upwards and it can be cancelled at any time anyway) for 2 x Camels and they have charged me 'all in' £167.02 = £83.51 per kit.

Of course it may differ slightly due to a lower postage cost if you just buy 1 kit or indeed with the daily fluctuations of the £/$ exchange rates ?

Gary

8 minutes ago, redcap said:

I have placed an order with 'Weta' last night (Just in case the Hannants pre order price gets 'revised' upwards and it can be cancelled at any time anyway) for 2 x Camels and they have charged me 'all in' £167.02 = £83.51 per kit.

Of course it may differ slightly due to a lower postage cost if you just buy 1 kit or indeed with the daily fluctuations of the £/$ exchange rates ?

Gary

Gary - do you have a breakdown of the costs? Kit/Shipping/VAT.

From the various posts on other boards it would seem Weta is quoting various costs and I see no consistency. Also people ordering multiples are get charged individual shipping costs on every kit. This could be due to what is in stock and available to ship immediately and what is awaited.

I'm happy to wait for Hannant's. I even pre-ordered a third this morning!!

P

I'm of the same opinion as PDH right now, when I did the sums, I found it at least £20 more expensive per kit than Hannants, which does include postage costs.

However, if this meant a guaranteed kit delivery, and the Weta dollars for future purchases, it might be tempting to pay slightly more and accept it.

That said though, I remain totally split as to be the best way to go about getting them at the moment. Or if indeed, I should get the duallists boxing bearing in mind I have the LVG already.

decisions... decisions!

Chris

• Like 1

PDH

Here is how my invoice came through last night with the breakdown of costs. (2 x WNW Camel kits direct from WETA). Looking at what you and the other lads are saying, it seems prices are all over the place as the $/£ exchange rate can't be to blame with these differences!

HTH.

Gary

CHRIS - I'm playing safe and getting a couple direct. I mean, if Hannants do get hold of some and sell them at the rate they are quoting I can always sell them on later without any financial loss at those prices. Personally, I can't see how Hannants can undercut the manufacturer ...but we will have to wait and see on that one. Not panic buying - well perhaps I am !- but I don't want a "Who would have guessed they would go THAT quick! " scenario whilst waiting for Hannants to get them.

Untracked Economy Post from EU

Est. delivery: To Be Confirmed

Subtotal:

£128.82

Untracked Economy Post:

£9.21

VAT:

£28.99

Total

£167.02

Billed

Billed immediately to card (1450)

£19.32

Billed in the Future

Billed on Dispatch

£147.70

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redcap said:

PDH

Here is how my invoice came through last night with the breakdown of costs. (2 x WNW Camel kits direct from WETA). Looking at what you and the other lads are saying, it seems prices are all over the place as the $/£ exchange rate can't be to blame with these differences!

HTH.

Gary

Untracked Economy Post from EU

Est. delivery: To Be Confirmed

Subtotal:

£128.82

Untracked Economy Post:

£9.21

VAT:

£28.99

Total

£167.02

Billed

Billed immediately to card (1450)

£19.32

Billed in the Future

Billed on Dispatch

£147.70

Many thanks Gary. Looking at this the the major difference is the shipping and then the VAT on the shipping. Looks like you ordered two kits that they have in stock and could be shipped together. My multiple kit trial order obviously had kits that were not in stock so they assumed would be shipped separately.

Its all a bit hit and miss and I'm very happy to wait for Hannant's.

P

• Like 1

Pleasure mate and hope you get what you want!

Best regards

Gary

btw - If that's how you think it worked out, the ones I ordered and possibly 'in stock' then are the 'F' (BR) engined version with Cowlishaw and Brown's decal options.

• Like 1

I ordered two single kits this morning from Weta - both pre-order (no stock I assume).

Each came to £93.51 ( Kit £64.41, VAT £16.23 and Standard Post £12.88). 

Hannants - Kit £71.99 at -10% making there original pricing nearly £80 ( nearly £16 more than Weta).

Also what about VAT and postage charges  - included in their price??

An initial difference of £21 pounds could soon be swallowed up and you could end up paying more!!

Edited by Sandbagger

Well, If Hannants aren't pulling some kind of stunt, as a UK seller I don't believe they are allowed to advertise a price without stating clearly should it not include VAT and I believe that, having ordered three myself which is well above the 'Free Shipping on orders over £100' limit, I would expect that there would be no additional shipping charge as long as they are in stock at the same time and sent to me as a single shipment. Unfortunately I haven't had a reply to my email from Hannant's as yet in which I asked them to clarify their position.

I am wondering about something that we could do with a consumer law experts input on.

The way I understand it, by agreeing to buy from Hannants on 'Back-order', we enter into a contract to pay the specified sum as and when the goods become available and I would think that this would mean that they cannot change/increase this figure without your consent. I have just read through the 'Terms and Conditions' of Back ordering and I cannot see anywhere in it where they say that they have the option to cancel Back orders simply because they have got the price wrong or cannot get the item in at the agreed price.

Once before I ordered a kit from Hannants and the postage internal UK was nearly £15.

Of course, if a bulk order was placed (as you have done for 3 kits) it should work out cheaper than those who can only order a single kit.

I'm not knocking Hannants - I'm just curious as to which seller will end up the cheaper.

11 minutes ago, Sandbagger said:

Once before I ordered a kit from Hannants and the postage internal UK was nearly £15.

Of course, if a bulk order was placed (as you have done for 3 kits) it should work out cheaper than those who can only order a single kit.

I'm not knocking Hannants - I'm just curious as to which seller will end up the cheaper.

For a U.K. Buyer and based on the current prices shown on the respective websites and what is expected to be charged for shipping by Hannant's, then Hannants's will be the cheaper option by up to £22 a kit. Bulk purchases shipped in one package from Weta will reduce the differential but unless they reduce their kit prices significantly I can't see them matching the current Hannants's pre-order price.

P

Edited by PDH

I want three - one of each engine version - but I'm holding off for the time being. I'll wait until the kits are in stock and available and the uncertainty over shipping charges is clarified. They're not going to go out of stock immediately, and I can't see the point of ordering kits from Hannants that, by the time they reach me, will have travelled to the other side of the world and back. Besides, it's not as though I've nothing else to go on with!