The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

As the morning is going by, There are a few thoughts which are creeping into my mind more and more.

First of all, it'a a very comprehensive set of releases. It really explains why WNW have been so quiet this year whilst they've been researching these releases. 6 in total is incredible and should give a complete range of Camels in service. Obviously this series has taken up all their available resources over the last year with the detail and thought process going into each kit. As such, my thoughts really are that this is not a company that is just on the verge on winding down, and in turn represents a huge leap forward for them. In many ways, I think we've been very spoilt with these releases now and what seemed like a Dry spell from them has turned into something else entirely. So well done to WNW. This really is something else entirely and I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on them as and when I'm allowed to! But it doesn't look like a sea song, but more like they are raising the bar of their releases even more.

Secondly, they are beautiful. Really beautiful kits... I wonder how long these will exist for before they sell out?

Thirdly... my wallet still hasn't recovered from this shock to the system! Ouch! 

Chris

• Like 2

I am really surprised by the scale of the launch. I was hoping for two variants and thought that was optimistic! I was only budgeting for two kits now I need to raise some more cash, anyone need a part worn kidney? :D

I wonder when they will actually be available to buy as I see they are all listed as "Shipping early 2017"

I would make them into a scrapyard diorama! My academy camel went into the bin halfway through as I was sick of it and the Wingnut was on the horizon. I didn't mind having to sand the ribs or move/remodel bits it was the 10,000 ejector pin marks that were the last straw. They are all over the wings and every single part. If I remember rightly there are four on each wheel for gawds sake.

• Like 1

Hobbylink Japan have them on pre-order for 10,480 yen for the Camel on its own and 24,960 yen for the Camel and LVG together. They say that the list price should be 13,100 and 31,200 respectively

Phil

Hopefully they will be going live tomorrow night on the Weta site (or at least on pre-order) as I make that the start of the working day of 22nd December in NZ or the 100th anniversary of the day that the camel first took to the air. The published price (before tax and shipping in Europe is listed on the Wingnut site at $79 which is a wee bit under $10 cheaper than the HLJ price which I would guess will incur higher VAT as it comes into the UK if the revenoo man catches you.

What a surprise from Wingnut Wings! Great news for fans of the WWI genre and I'm sure that this new range of kits will be a huge success. But where did you read they are $79? On my 'puter the website still says 'Coming Soon' 

Just saw that myself. Well I am guessing they are probably in a container making their way to the Netherlands if they have left NZ yet. The website does say "shipping early 2017" although I was hoping that we would at least be able to reserve copies. I doubt now that we will see them being listed on Weta before the 9th of January :crying:

And if you need detailed images in support of your new acquisition: http://warbirdswalkaround.wixsite.com/warbirds/sopwith-camel

This aircraft is operated by The Vintage Aviator, the 1:1 scale arm of WNW. Be aware that certain details don't match the original aircraft, like the oxy bottle in the cockpit, or the welded steel tube framing, for example.

Edited by nuuumannn

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I placed an advance order for two WNW Camels.

Hannant's have them on pre-order at £79.99 each less pre-order discount so they end up at £72 each and hopefully free delivery.

From Weta Workshop, at todays exchange rate, each kit would have cost £64-29, standard delivery £12-86 and then NL VAT £16-20 Total £93-35.
So hopefully I've saved £20 per kit.

Just looking forward to them arriving now.

P

PDH.

Thanks for the tip off and Hannants (surprisingly) seem the way to go at those prices. I have just put 3 on backorder for £215.00 which seems a fair deal given the retail price and then loaded with Dutch VAT and postal charges.

Let's see if they deliver for free with their £100.00 order free delivery offer and honour that price when they get released.

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Gary