MIG15UTI Polish AF KP Models

Hi guys,

heres my first RFI on Britmodeller which I finished a few months ago.Its the old 1/72nd KP Models kit depicting a Polish Air Force machine I saw outside the "car park" area of the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow a couple of years ago.Raised panel lines were removed & rescribed,riveted in parts.Airbrakes cut out & replaced by scratch thin metal/plastic/Milliput & Albian Alloys tube.Cockpit detailed a bit with scratch bits & canopy fogged by accident but restored to reasonable visability for the scene & inside has a thin coat of Tamiya Smoke.All gear doors replaced by scratched plastic sheet & nosedoors by thin metal sheet.Doors detailed with copper wire & a tyre punctured & shaped with Mr. Surfacer.Droptanks modified with milliput & reshaped a little.Canon made from Milliput worm.Pitot tube replaced by brass tube.Painted using Tamiya acrylics except for a little Humbrol Metalcote on a bit of the canon.I tried a few new techniques to me like salt weathering on the tops of wings & tailplanes (a little overdone) & hairspray technique on the fuselage,fin & droptanks.Insignia & codes were painted & hairspray tech. used again.

The base was scratchbuilt using plastic sheet.Halfords grey undercoat spray & pastels.Weeds are made with static grass,paper & real moss.Chock made from paper.

20150314_102358_zps4s0qeghq.jpg

20150314_101549_zpsj6v8qnjq.jpg

20150314_102018_zpszwwrgzzh.jpg

20150314_102116_zpsc5nwtxlu.jpg

20150314_101549_zpsj6v8qnjq.jpg

Cheers for looking,

Jimbob.

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 21

Excellent weathering indeed!

I am not a great fan of wrecks, but yours is very effective!

Congrats

JR

• Like 1

Very good idea and great job!

I found a picture of this aircraft from 2004 and I can see that your model is very close to it!

http://www.airport-data.com/images/aircraft/small/000/985/985593.jpg

This SBLiM-2 (Polish made version of MiG-15UTI) was send to Denmark few years ago.

Edited by alex_stela
  • Like 1

Thank you guys for all the good comments & Alex_Stela for the photo & update.I visted Krakow in 2010 & it was a little worse by then but I also used some artistic licence on the build.I see its in Karup airbase & they refurbished it as a single seater '346' to represent a Polish one that defected to Denmark many years ago.Heres a link to a photo from last year.

https://m.flickr.com/photos/shanair/14996930701/

I built the model for a group build on another forum,the main objective was to get people weathering a Russian built or designed model.This was the only Russian kit in my stash.I learned lots of new stuff doing it.The build thread is here for anyone interested http://irishscalemodeller.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1224(if this thread from another forum isn't allowed I'll remove it).

Cheerio,

Jimbob.