A 272 Sqn Beaufighter

Nah - it's me that didn't make myself clear. Must remember not to post late at night when I should be asleep.......

I understood that you wanted to mask around the decal - but I was thinking about the carrier film and the danger of it lifting on unmasking if you used (say) the Tamiya masking sheets like this stuff: http://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Tamiya-Masking-Sheet.html

This is what I was ineptly trying to describe with the post it notes :)

4DE99F6A-E3F5-447F-94FD-99DE60E56B05_zps

Should do the job for just misting on some thinned white?

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 5

Well that worked well

Very tastefully weathered now

I popped into Hendon today and espied their Beaufort in the same scheme as your Boofighter

Looks very nice in the flesh, I noticed the code letters (L) were in Grey, (persoomably Sea Grey Meejum)

Very handsome beastie and oft ignored by me

cant imagine why

Ever since I read Torpedo Bomber by Ralph Barker I have wanted to do a Beaufort based out of Malta.

Wish someone would release a decent kit in 72nd.

Wow looks fantastic. Great work.

Re the masking, Have you tried Frisket Film, it is a fairly clear low tack film and comes on a roll, there is enough on a roll to last a lifetime of modelling. I used most of mine doing the chequers on my car roof (1:1 scale) in a sort of Mini style with a twist, it was great, it was done over quite fresh paint and did not harm the surface at all. Great stuff, can be found on Ebay.

All the best
Chris

• Like 2

Wow. That is incredible. You have an infinite well of patience to turn the raw material into that Lovely Looking Thing. I got so fed up with my Frogspawn version that in the end it was finished wheels up dangling on some string.

Respect

Trevor

PS a million pages ago you were talking about 'soup'. If I remember rightly Sid Horton referred to it in that Airfix series as Carbon Tet and was *very* wary about its stability/flammability .

Ever since I read Torpedo Bomber by Ralph Barker I have wanted to do a Beaufort based out of Malta.

Wish someone would release a decent kit in 72nd.

Another very good book on Beauforts is "Torpedo Leader" by Wing Commander Patric Gibbs, Wrens Park Publishing, ISBN 0-905778-72-3. Highly recommended.

Edited by Sten Ekedahl
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nice canopy! I use blutack to pack canopies out when I'm working on them or using them for moulds. The weathering is looking good too, especially the roundel fading.

(I never think my Milliput is going to set but it always does - so far!)

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1