Academy 1/48 Mirage IIIC

I've finally finished a model of my own for the year, although I could have picked a better kit to start with. I bought this for about 9 bucks years ago when it was about the only Mirage III you could buy in the scale. I had visions of converting it into a Mirage V Dagger, but with the coming of the new Kinetic kits, I don't need to do that anymore.

There isn't much to say about the plastic, apart from; it's a poorly detailed, ill-fitting, obsolete relic. A Britmodeller member was kind enough to send me his leftover decals from the Eduard kit and these were really nice to use. If you have this in the stash, just buy the Eduard kit.

I did get the pink a little dark, but it'll do.

P1010008_zpszrqomxjw.jpg

P1010001_zpsogirm6oz.jpg

P1010007%202_zps94gzvncm.jpg

P1010002%202_zps5rrxrkfk.jpg

P1010005%202_zpsp49wgsf5.jpg

P1010004%202_zps7adthjzm.jpg

150129100854854336_zpsmqjlvctc.jpg

• Like 16

By the way: the canopy frame is a white...( according the photo)

The canopy frame is actually bare metal - once painted it didnt take long to start to wear off exposing large sections of the bare metal, especially the front fuselage section - it was only a thin distemper application

• Like 2

Hi
This was done to celebrate the Saint Eloi Sur Deux Jours the Patron Saint of French Armee de L air Mechanics.
EC 1-10 mechanics painted an EC2-10 a/c (55) Pink over one night in Dec 1979.
The paint was removed in front of the canopy before flight as this would have come off and covered the front screen.

The kit is painted far more better than the real thing.
Paul

Edited by PaulT 876