Albatros D.Va (OAW) 1:32 Wingnut Wings. Jasta 73. Wood grain fuselage decals

Albatros D.Va (OAW)

1:32 Wingnut Wings. Uschi van der Rosten woodgrain, and MDC figures.

Alb59.jpg

The Albatros D.V was one of the most widely used German single seat fighters of the First World War. The D.Va featured re-arranged aileron controls and a minor brace at the bottom of the interplane 'V' struts. OAW manufactured a strengthened version (which was also heavier) which is the kit featured here.

Build straight from the box from Option A, but with a couple of 'Wings Cockpit' figures from MDC and the addition of woodgrain decals from Uschi van der Rosten.

This is my first try at using these woodgrain decals, and I am very pleased with the results. Applying them is a slow task, explained in the WIP thread here.

4 months in building, so on with the photos;

Alb49.jpg

alb50.jpg

alb51.jpg

alb52.jpg

alb53.jpg

alb54.jpg

alb55.jpg

alb56.jpg

alb57.jpg

alb58.jpg

alb61.jpg

A beautiful kit to build, so much so that I wondered what to do next. So I bought another one!
With Pheon Decals review set to go on it, another wooden beauty will be on its way!

alb60.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John
  • Like 19

John -

Fantastic result and very much up to your usual high standard. The figures really set this off well too.

Regards

Dave

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Very, very good job on this.

Only one thing - check the angle of your 'turnbuckles' - should be in line with the wires. Tricky to get right but not impossible.

Cheers

GrahamB