Round 2 models 1/48 Eagle (Space 1999)

mekon

It's bound to cost an arm & a leg (and probably a kidney or two!) here in the UK. Want some but prob won't have the cash in November. It's a hell of a lot more accurate than the old kit.

Paul Harrison

I heared the rumors here when I was just about to order a resin one last year. Still unbelievable that this comes true. Hope there will be a version or an update set of the additional rocket pads, various pods and the Immunity Syndrome Glider. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Rene

I want one but I don't really want to know what the price might be.

$53 is the number mentioned but I doubt it! If it is that low in the US it won't be in the UK. If we had the same low pricing as the States I'd buy a LOT more sci fi & figure kits.

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

I don't actually like Space 1999 and I'm not fussed on sci fi in general but I'd buy one of those in a shot as I've always loved the design. Great news.

I think the Eagle was the one thing everyone did like about Space:1999. But, unsurprisingly, I much prefer Season One to Season Two, which sucked.

• Like 2

I've got a pre-order on one already from the USA, $54 plus whatever postage they rip me off with... however, its a lot lot cheaper than the Replicas Unlimited resin kit I bought myself earlier this year which is looking like a waste of money now!

I've got a pre-order on one already from the USA, $54 plus whatever postage they rip me off with... however, its a lot lot cheaper than the Replicas Unlimited resin kit I bought myself earlier this year which is looking like a waste of money now!

And I was thinking about ordering the whole set of RU Eagle stuff later last year. Sure glad I didn't now.

I still can't believe it's only $54 (though I thought it was $83), though are we sure that's not the price for the booster pack which I think is also being done? How did you pre-order? I couldn't find anything on their website.

Graham

I think the Eagle was the one thing everyone did like about Space:1999. But, unsurprisingly, I much prefer Season One to Season Two, which sucked.

It's amazing how popular the Eagle still is after all these years. It's a very distinctive craft which I think makes it stand out from many other sci fi craft.

Super... I like the sound of the upgrade pack :) The costs of importing & distribution into the UK will add to the price I'm sure (just like it does everywhere when you buy non-indigenous items), but there will be a lot of smiling faces nonetheless :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I don't care how much one of these beasties costs...I will have one. It looks fantastic.

• Like 1

Hmmm....

$120 = £120 ??

Too much for me, I've never spent more than £30 for a model before...

Don't even consider ordering it from that place (we all know who you are talking about), its a complete rip off. As I've said earlier in this thread, I've got it on pre-order in the US for $80 which turns into about £55 in real money so even if the customs bandits charge their usual arm and leg it'll still be cheaper.

• 8 months later...