1/72nd Modelsvit Tu-22KD Blinder

Radleigh

Presented on May 30th & 31st at the Kiev Scale Models Fest 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/KyivScaleModelsFest).

Short link: http://www.greenmats.club/topic/493-modelsvit-показал-ту-22-шило/#comment-4379

1/72 - Modelsvit - Tupolev Tu-22KD "Blinder-B" - ref.72???

Some reports say Modelsvit is preparing four boxings from this kit:

- Bomber

- EW

- Trainer

- and the one with the big missiles.

To be followed

image.jpg.55b5e73b19ca1072484e73f6ba8c6858.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10

That's it guys, get set for my two Esci Blinders to Appear on my for sale bits. chris

And my two plus the fuselage plug to make it the correct length. Really looking forward to this one, whichever version turns up. Hopefully they will do a version of the ones exported to Libya and Iraq.

Awesome.

I have the vague memory of pictures of and reading something about a detailed 1/72 Tu-22 built from new test shots - I think that would have been about ten years ago thereabout? The company back then (could have been Strim/ Streem) was looking for funds to finish the molds to production standards - but apparently never did. Does it ring any bells? I wonder if those molds have found their way to Modelsvit.

Jay

Well it's about time.I had heard rumours via the scale models.ru site and had a feeling they may do this, just as I finish modifying the ESCI kit within an inch of its life ! It's true Streem did intend to release a Blinder to the high standard of their Fencer but folded before they were able to get much further with it, so possibly Modelsvit picked up the baton, though equally it's as likely to be an all new kit. I do hope they do all versions...a KPD and U trainer would go down very nicely !

• Like 1

So you're responsible for the new kit, General! Smashing job, old beast, taking one for the team, as it were, completing (and heavily-modifying) the old ESCI kit just so all of us mere mortals can now have a shiny, new, and accurate Blinder! Jolly good show!

Regards!

Jason!

P.S. !

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 2

Yeeeeeesssssss!!! I so much hpoed that Trumpeter would do this when they released a russian bomber every month (well it felt like that to me). This is maybe even better. So I can stop prowling around the Revell rebox and the resin improvement parts I once bought.

Rene

NB: This is NOT Modelsvit OOB build but their test moulds were used, meaning that the model contains a lot of scratch built parts and modifications such as deflected control surfaces

• 4 months later...

Well that just makes me want one even more, definitely my 'must have' of all the announced new releases......(well OK along with the AvantGarde Foxhound), I for one am very happy that Modelsvit are doing it and not Trumpeter.......it may not fall together but at least with MV I know it will be highly accurate !