1/144 - Bristol 175 Britannia by Roden - released - new boxing

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

It will be interesting to compare this with the F-RSIN kit I have, which is supposed to be 1/144 and a 375, ie the stretched one. There are marks on the inside of the fuselage showing where to cut for the shorter version. I compared it to the Airfix Vanguard and there's not a great difference.

According to Hannants, (other retailers are available), the Roden kit is listed as a future release, price £25.99 (bless 'em!) and it's a series 300 which means that, if it is, the registration in the kit is not appropriate. Not sure if there are after market transfers for this.

• 4 weeks later...

Comparing the sprue shot to a profile of the C.1, the kit is definitely the short fuselage variant.

The fuselage length of the Roden kit is 10.35 inches (262.5mm) which works out to scale 124 feet and that makes it the longer bodied 200 and 300 series.

Mike

The fuselage length of the Roden kit is 10.35 inches (262.5mm) which works out to scale 124 feet and that makes it the longer bodied 200 and 300 series.

Mike

Yes, I've just rechecked it and am now reaching for something to wipe the egg off my face. my mistake, to use the popular expression.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So whose going to do the Yorkshire Airlines version ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...