Starship Troopers Rodger Young Chronicle Collectibles

I'm a big fan of Starship Troopers, not sure if it should be considered a guilty pleasure or not? But either way, the thing that stands out the most is the wonderful ship designs and the spectacular model work used in the ship scenes. So I was very excited to see this beauty announced not so long ago. This is a 36" resin kit of the great looking corvette from Starship troopers. It is being made by Chronicle Collectibles, a newish company who are already proving they are very capable of delivering high quality products. Mainly Terminator and Robocop stuff so far. They roped in Fon Davis who worked on the movie and this kit is taken from the original molds I believe. It will come with switch out parts so you can build it as any of the three configurations seen in the movie (troop carrier, cargo transport and aircraft carrier) It also comes with both styles of Comm tower, the old one before it is destroyed when it smashes against the asteroid, and the upgraded version, both can be seen in the second picture. It will also feature decals for all of the various ships from the movie. Not sure about you guys, but I'm real excited for this one.

Being it is CC, this will likely be made in limited numbers and will ship from the USA. More info and pictures to come shortly, I'll be sure to keep the thread updated as it does. Oh, if this wasn't cool enough, they are also doing the drop ship and the Athena class which you glimpse at the end of the movie. :thumbsup:

pJYZGCi.jpg

yr0TvFI.jpg

494ge1e.jpg

27Qd37R.jpg

ez63oUV.jpg

GEFPj6Z.jpg

KNuWdNa.jpg

36" Athena class.... Thread here.. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234982611-starship-troopers-athena-class/

cUxJYEa.jpg

iG954zt.png

j0Au9Cb.png

z9828li.png

Edited by Viper15
  • Like 6

It looks remarkably better than the resin one you could buy a few years ago through Monsters in Motion that had either no instrucitons or very bad ones. The parts were warped and needed a bucket load of filler. I had a friend who had one and it srove him mad. I love the ship but wasn't prepared to buy a bad kit just fo rthe sake of having one

Then there is the stupendiously expensive one that was limited to 1000 pieces world wide by a Japanese company (I can' t remember off the top of my head what the name was)

So it's good to see one that looks OK from the pics you posted. Is it hollow cast or solid? I'm thinking on whether ornot it's posible to light it :)

Madhatter, it is definitely possible to light up, Chronicle mentioned a 1500 fiber optic lights so it seems like a big job, but then it is a big ship. I'm not sure yet if it is solid or not, they will strive for quality however so I am guessing it is. I know it won't be cheap though, especially once you take shipping and import duty into account. But this is the Rodger Young, I doubt it will ever be bettered given they went right to the source and this is 3ft long. Oh and they are offering a build up and paint service, not that anybody here will want to take advantage of that option I'm sure.

Here is the latest picture showing some of their work as Chronicle are setting up for a show, should start seeing some close ups of this soon.

UAgIasy.jpg

There's a neat looking fighter from Duck Dodgers there too, Zool, and that lully looking T-rex on the left too :Tasty:

Is that Flash Gordon's foe Klytus' head in the black satin cowl on the left? That dome on the right nearer the back - is that Chig from Space: Above & Beyond, or is it the head off the Robocop 2 dude? :hmmm:

Ooh! Spinner at the front in manageable scale! :lol:

There's a neat looking fighter from Duck Dodgers there too, Zool, and that lully looking T-rex on the left too :Tasty:

Is that Flash Gordon's foe Klytus' head in the black satin cowl on the left? That dome on the right nearer the back - is that Chig from Space: Above & Beyond, or is it the head off the Robocop 2 dude? :hmmm:

Ooh! Spinner at the front in manageable scale! :lol:

I guess I've just hurt your wallet by posting that picture :lol: Good eyes, Klytus is there, The Buck Rogers starfighter is the studio model I believe but I think it will come prebuilt and painted like most of their stuff, if it is a kit I'll be sure to start a thread here. And that is Cain from Robocop, it's a 1:1 scale head, very big. I suspect if we're going to see space above and beyond stuff though, it will be from these guys. I'd love a Hammerhead fighter! The Spinner is the Sid Meier concept but not much has been seen of it until now. Looks small, not sure if that is the one they announced or something else. They have a facebook page if you are on there, they have been posting pictures while setting up for Wonderfest.

Oh and Reddite, that is the 1:1 Anubis guard, less than 12 left already. I'd love one but simply don't have the space for it. They will be making Horus next, the bird one which I always liked more aesthetically.

Edited by Viper15

Just goes to show that I do like a bit of Sci-Fi :blush: It's a shame Space:A&B went down after only one season... I was quite getting into it :(

• Like 1

Just goes to show that I do like a bit of Sci-Fi :blush: It's a shame Space:A&B went down after only one season... I was quite getting into it :(

I agree, I really enjoyed that show, haven't seen it in a long time though. Might have to go hunting for the box set. Everybody needs a little Sci-fi in their lives ;)

That picture is making my wallet have palpitations. :)

Yeah, I know the feeling well lol.

I agree, I really enjoyed that show, haven't seen it in a long time though. Might have to go hunting for the box set. Everybody needs a little Sci-fi in their lives ;)

I managed to pick it up a few years ago now, although I think it's region 1, so might not play on my current Blu-ray player which isn't region selectable, so I'd have to rip it to disk first :rolleyes: