Maréchal-Ferrant, 5th Lancers 1811-1815

His profession is indicated by the red horse-shoe patch on the right upper sleeve of his plain stable jacket. He wears the Pokalem fatigue cap, which was common to both lancers and dragoons, proving more practical than its predecessor. The crossed lances on the front were sometimes replaced by the regimental number.
411313317.jpg
411313316.jpg
411313318.jpg
This figure was compiled from various components. I think that the Pokalem fatigue cap is Historex. The head was taken from my 1/35 spares. The torso and arms are from the Airfix French Line Infantryman. The kneeling legs from the British 95th Rifleman and his hammer-type tool was scratch-built. I merely glued some grass mat to the base with PVA.

• Like 1

Really like this one Ratch, where do you find all figures , have you stockpiled a load or do you frequent evilbay and such like , whatever way you do it you do some great figures.

Thanks for showing them

Cheers

Jim

• Like 1

Cheers Jim. I've acquired a great many of the kits. Most of them come with alternative parts, so once you've built one, if you save the extras, you've started a spares bank. Of course, heads, hats and torsos are the scarcest parts because they all get used. I'm also short on cavalry booted legs, hence many of my horsemen are wearing overalls. When I get the urge I trawl through my reference books and see which components can be redirected to make unusual regiments or ranks - it all adds to the variety.