SWS with Flak 43 - Italeri 1/35

Hello all

For my latest offering, here is my finished SWS - short for Schwerer Wehrmachtschlepper (Heavy Military Tractor), as I just found out on Wikipedia - with Flak 43, courtesy of Italeri's 1/35 kit. A very nice kit it is too, with the more complex sub-assemblies for the flak gun going together with no trouble at all, and Italeri being kind enough to offer options to pose the back end closed up or open in the firing position.

The only odd thing is the way the front wheels sit clearly off the ground by a good few millimetres (most noticeable in the last pic I've posted) - hoping that's a kit error rather than one of mine... It was built OOB and airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics. I kept the weathering light, limiting it to a bit of muck on the tracks and tyres, an oil-based wash and a bit of drybrushing to help bring out some of the raised details.

Pretty happy with how this has turned out, especially as I managed to keep my usual quota of self inflicted errors to a record low!

Thanks for looking.

Adam

DSCF0045_zpscunzhonj.jpg

DSCF0054_zpscy2ei8w9.jpg

DSCF0046_zpswwfew9cc.jpg

DSCF0051_zpsu6npn2cg.jpg

DSCF0049_zpsfr4h1xna.jpg

DSCF0058_zpsk7c12ini.jpg

DSCF0061_zpsqvg4uqnh.jpg

DSCF0055_zpsbo6ko8ix.jpg

DSCF0059_zpslgbyobfg.jpg

DSCF0050_zpsuk84lzez.jpg

DSCF0052_zpspywnoff0.jpg

• Like 14

A very nice build, the camo looks excellent , and makes a nice change to see something like this,

Sean

• Like 1

Excellent build Adam. That looks really good. Joe

• Like 1