HT's Hobbyboss Jaguar A (new tool) - FINIS

So, This arrived from Mike (MJM models), I actually bought four :). so I thought its an ideal kits to build for this GB. I will build this in a desert camo to go along with the Mirage F.1.

DSC_0046.jpg

Comes in a nice box, with 5 grey and a clear sprue all individually wrapped. Very nice packing HB! A instruction booklet consisting of 20 stages and a nice decal sheet too with two schemes on a separate sheet.

There seems to be a number of parts that will result in a GR£ and a T", as the main fuselage halves are on a separate sprue and I can see a number of these in my stash. It will be interesting to compare this and the Hasegawa tooling whih has been pretty much the market leader for a Jag.

DSC_0047.jpg

Edited by Hardtarget
  • Like 2

Good afternoon

I will follow your build (when it was released I thought to buy it but it is little bit too expensive for my wallet and I got a Hasegawa one for 13euros in a model show ) ...

Patrice

Hi Patrice, Luckily Creative models did a special and then MJM sold them on so I bought them for £12 each which is much better than the RRP.

Hi Hardtarget

Hum £12 each sounds a very attractive price I understand why you 've bought 5 of them ..

Patrice

Ok, So I started yesterday and I couldn't stop.

One thing that I have seen is the connection of the parts to the sprues. They are thin and flat but are connected to the inside of the parts. This in some ways is better as it doesn't damage the outer surface but requires a clean up to ensure the parts mate up to each other. So some food for thought.

DSC_0048.jpg

Cockpit

Consists of 5 parts as seen in the pic

DSC_0049.jpg

Assembled. I will come to an issue I have later.

DSC_0050.jpg

Wheel wells 3 parts to each wheel well., nice detail and fit as snug as a rug.

DSC_0051.jpg

Painted hu151 interior green. Its close but the colour uses is a bit more yellow and fluorescent which I haven't found a match for in enamel.

DSC_0052.jpg

Cockpit painted black and heighted some areas dry-brushing with silver.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Fuselage halves cemented using liquid poly and tightened with Tamiya extra thin. nice join and I don't see too much need for filler (I didn't use any).

DSC_0055.jpg

There was only a section on the top behind the cockpit but ther ECM would cover most of this so I didn't worry too much. This was possibly caused by the sprue pin on the inside or the rem9oval of the gate and not sanding properly or too much.

DSC_0056.jpg

ECM and air intakes attached.

DSC_0057.jpg

UC up next, 3 parts to each main wheel for these stages 6 & 7.

DSC_0058.jpg

Wings, nice detail. upper and lower parts with wing stabilizers. Holes drilled for the HPs. A little sanding of the gates as per the usual with this kit.

DSC_0059.jpg

Ready for the wings to be attached.

DSC_0060.jpg

Wings attached along with HP's ready for painting.

DSC_0061.jpg

Airbrushes loaded!

Similar mixes of the HU82 and white. The brown is slightly darker than the Mirage brown which seems to be the case when comparing photos.

DSC_0062.jpg

Now for some prep to the endless armament options and airbrushing the alu underside.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right ho chaps, heres an update on the cat.

Underside airbrush hu191.

DSC_0072.jpg

Then thinking on im on the home straight and getting ready for decals, disaster struck with the carpenas.

DSC_0073.jpg

I did hope to do two gulf war machines but never mind had to do the out of the box scheme and although this machine did fight in the gulf it was under a different squadron and different codes.

Decals on after a coat of humbrol clear.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

Now she is ready for some dirtying up.

Very nice indeed.

I too have had problems like you have had with Carpena decals. One side was fine, but the decal for the other side would split horizontally many times. Luckily and with a lot of patience (Not often seen by me) I managed to get the decal into one piece when on the model. This happened a few times from the same decal sheet, at least after the first time I was a little aware of it, but it has put me off using Carpena decals again.

• 4 weeks later...