1/48 - F-8E Crusader Limited Edition by Eduard - Spring 2016

David Lengyel

According to CEO Mr. Sulc himself, Eduard will release another limited edition on the spring 2016. This time F-8E Crusader based on sprues from Hasegawa plus Eduard goodies and probably Furball Aero-Design decal sheet.

• Like 3

nice!

the Crusader kits are hardly available anymore.... so most welcome!

any French options?? or will Eduard keep strictly to their Vietnam credo?

• Like 1

any French options?? or will Eduard keep strictly to their Vietnam credo?

Don't think so, an F-8E(FN)/F-8P is a bit different, and will not really stick to a "Good morning/evening Haiphong" theme.

• 1 year later...

Now expected for April 2017

Source:https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-11EN.pdf

(...) your final chance will come in April. The Hind will be coming out in time to support two other highly anticipated Limited Edition kits, those being the Typhoon and Crusader in 1/48th scale.(...)

V.P.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Robert said:

Pity Eduard did not include some resin armaments seeing as Hasegawa do not provide any.

Robert

That would be a great idea - the resin Sidewinders from Eduard would be perfect. Especially since "the last of the gunfighters" scored most of its kills in SEA with missiles.

I used Eduard Sidewinders on my 1:72 Crusader, and they really make the model.

Cheers,

Bill

Agree for the lack of AIM-9.

I'm nevertheless very happy with this future release.

However, there's at least one MiG killer (Bellinger) and two well known VF (-211 & -191) whose aircraft are already present  in number on Furball decal sheet. 

I would have prefered instead other colorful VMF or VF.

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Pity Eduard did not include some resin armaments seeing as Hasegawa do not provide any.

Robert

It's Eduard's bread and butter releasing aftermarket sets. Their biggest selling Brassin set in the BIGSIN line is the weapons set for the Tamiya F-14A. It contains all the Brassin missiles: Phoenix, Sidewinder, Sparrow.

I'll buy some Brassin Sidewinders when I order the F-8E that are appropriate for the 1966-68 timeframe. In fact I purchased a set of Eduard's Sidewinders for my Good Morning Da Nang Phantom. Very crisp detail on these. Just really amazing how far the technology for making aftermarket has advanced.

I think Eduard mentioned something about offering a very limited amount of Overtrees of the Hasegawa F-8E. I'll see how much $ I can spare for one of those.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Antoine said:

Agree for the lack of AIM-9.

I'm nevertheless very happy with this future release.

However, there's at least one MiG killer (Bellinger) and two well known VF (-211 & -191) whose aircraft are already present  in number on Furball decal sheet. 

I would have prefered instead other colorful VMF or VF.

The Furball sheet covers all the MiG killers, I would have liked to have seen a few more USMC options. Perhaps Eduard will make another release with just USMC decal options, that would give the opportunity to add all the Brassin Vietnam era weapons options.

2 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

Am still surprised that they didn't do a weapons set alongside the release. Time will tell. Preordered one, together with the two Brassins sets for intake and exhaust. And... happy! ☺ 

Where are they taking pre orders?

Thanks!

If they did/could provide a set of AIM-9 or Zuni`s this would be a definite purchase but seeing as I have the Furball sheet already my one will be sitting on the model shop shelves.

Robert

19 hours ago, Robert said:

If they did/could provide a set of AIM-9 or Zuni`s this would be a definite purchase but seeing as I have the Furball sheet already my one will be sitting on the model shop shelves.

Robert

Zuni's are in the kit - sprue T. Only thing missing is the sidewinders, but you probably have some AIM-9G leftover from another kit?