Kit Advice Needed

Sgt.Squarehead

I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good quality, but reasonably priced, 1/35 1970s NATO (preferably American or German) AFV kit with a full interior? :shrug:

I don't normally model post-WWII subjects and I usually only work in Braille Scale so I'm a bit out of my depth here. :confused:

Basically I'm looking for something akin to the incredible Hobbyboss 1/48 T-34 kits, but in 1/35: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55081-148-hobby-boss-t-3485/

Try a Hobby Boss AAVP7 variant... don't know whether there's one of the original LVTP-7 variants from the 70s out, but they're smashing kits :) it was re-named as the AAVP-7 in the very early 80s though, so you could stretch the point ;)

Looks like they do.. it has the round light clusters in the front. I'm reliably informed it includes an interior :)

• Like 2

I'm not sure there is anything with a full interior including engine bay? The Hobby Boss kits don't include an engine.

Andy

Edited by andym

Oh... there's a resin engine pack for the HB AAVP, so there's bound to be one you can use for the LVTP-7 too (if they're not identical). :)

Cheers for the suggestions fellas.....I'd really prefer a tank or other vehicle with a large turret, I'm looking for something to build as a wreck on a WHIF nuclear battlefield alongside an Objekt 279. :coolio:

A detailed turret interior would be sufficient as I was planning on showing the hull flipped (as a story element) with the turret nearby. :boom:

If anyone could point me towards 1/35 Soviet infantry in NBC gear it would be helpful too. :pray:

I can't think of any 70s armour that has the detail level of the Hobbyboss T-34.

Possibly a Meng Leopard 1 might be an idea but if you can wait (and let's face it, most modellers can't, that's why we have stashes :) ) meng have announced a 1/35 chieftan.

PS jeez ... I've had to edit this 3 times. Brain fade ...

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Like 1

Meng Bradley M2A3 comes with full interior and engine. A bit later than the period you are after

or you could just but the Tamiya Bradley and the Meng interior.

Very nice kit as well.

Dan

• Like 1

Really surprised there aren't more 1/35 kits with interior detail out there, looks like aftermarket will be required......Is there such a thing as a turret interior detail set for the M60A2 'Starship'? :shrug: