Meng Model He 177 Egg-Plane - Released

VMA131Marine

I hope you don't mind if I ask you to state "Egg plane" or "Kids" in the opening title when you post things like this. No big deal, but you have wasted my time unnecessarily.

Thanks for your understandig.

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom
  • Like 1

When did Meng start producing those?

Looks like they have a Lancaster and B-17 in addition to the -177. The B-17 looks pretty "cute" (links in original link above).

Gene K

A great introduction to modelling for kids, but a weird change of direction for Meng, and an odd choice of subject matter to appeal to kids :hmmm:

• Like 1

A great introduction to modelling for kids, but a weird change of direction for Meng, and an odd choice of subject matter to appeal to kids :hmmm:

Seems to fit with the four engined WW2 bomber theme - UK, USA and now Germany. Guesses for what will represent Japan?

Peter

with what look like Fritz-X anti-ship bombs

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/bfuucoxc1hbwrmpg382w.html

Yep, those certainly look like Fritz Eggs glide bombs (sorry! had to be done LOL).

Paul Harrison

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the Lanc and Fort, they just fall together. Amusing little kits, chuckling away as I built them. The only grioe I have is with the Lanc, it has stickers rather than water slide decals.

Got the Lanc and Fort, they just fall together. Amusing little kits, chuckling away as I built them. The only grioe I have is with the Lanc, it has stickers rather than water slide decals.

Unfortunately, so does the He177. Otherwise it looks to be a nice little kit and it should not be hard to find waterslide decals in my spares box to replace most of the markings.

I like these bett

I prefer these to Hasegawa's Egg Planes

Me too, they preserve the original character on each plane rather than imposing a common shape where none was present in origin.