Revell 1/48 RAF Tornado - Landing Oct 2015

stalal

Is the new sprue just the larger tanks?, any other new parts?

Shaun.

Not sure if this good news to you or not Shaun but there's new pylons!

Not sure if this good news to you or not Shaun but there's new pylons!

I'm quite glad actually, my spare time has been cut dramatically at the moment due to a few unforeseen problems.That's why I've been quite on here.

I've still got a few wing seal sets in stock if anyone wants any?

wingseal_zps469dddd5.jpg

This book also dropped though the door this week, highly recommended for Tornado fans

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panavia-Tornado-Photographic-Tribute/dp/1781592977/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448800308&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Paniavia+tornado

Shaun.

The part is missing from our review sample too, which rocked up a few hours ago. Looks like it's been omitted from the sprue at the factory, and possibly even the design stage. There's a curious curved depression on the inside of the runner next to the F-sprue designator, which has a suitably sized space, but no part. It isn't even listed in the sprue diagrams. Looks like a clanger was dropped somewhere along the line :shrug:

Makes you wonder if they even have a part to replace, or will be hurriedly tooling lots of tiny addendum sprues containing the part :hmmm:

The framework might be the hard part, but as that's painted anyway, you could fabricate it from strip styrene over a slightly smaller part... that's if you can't wait for the correction/addendum spruelet :)

We got our review sample over on he Tonka SIG ......same problem.

As Mike says it even looks like its never been on the sprue gate ....there is just a depression on the gate where the part would of been.....if its even ever been there !!

Expecting people to wait 4/6 weeks for a spare is going to damage Revells reputation :(

I for one will be holding off buying one until I can actually make what's on the box.

Hobbyboss 1/48 Tonkas (all of them ) have the whole LRMTS included on the clear sprues.

I can see why Revell left it out of the original release (more sales) but boy have they ballsed this up !!

Andy

• Like 1

Could be a great opportunity for an enterprising AM resin producer - whole piece in clear resin ???? just saying. :banghead:

There already is one, Shaun, a member on here who also supplies other resin parts, see post 29 on this thread.

Muzz

Could be a great opportunity for an enterprising AM resin producer - whole piece in clear resin ???? just saying. :banghead:

Why should I have to buy something that if revell QC did their job should be in the kit already!

• Like 2

Has the kit been removed from sale? Noticed all the UK sellers of the kit on eBay literally disappeared overnight and despite showing as their number 1 seller on Hannants home page the kit has completely disappeared from the site?

Part 173 is missing from my kits too,......

Scarlet- If you Google `Revell Parts',.....this page appears;

http://www.revell.com/support/parts-request-2.php

Just fill in the form and hopefully 8 weeks later you`ll get the parts!!

Cheers

Tony

A better page for RoG kits? :shrug::)

http://www.revell.de/en/service/service-form/model-building.html

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Caution Wake Turbulence

Has the kit been removed from sale? Noticed all the UK sellers of the kit on eBay literally disappeared overnight and despite showing as their number 1 seller on Hannants home page the kit has completely disappeared from the site?

It may well be the case.

I just had an reply from Revell to an email asking about the missing part. Apparently the sprue gate for the lens was inadvertently not opened by the Polish manufacturer for the production run; as many guessed with the inclusion of the pod in the IDS version, it was always there waiting for the RAF version to follow. The problem has been addressed, and replacement clear parts will I'm told be available from the parts department shortly.

• Like 1

Revell have withdrawn it from sale and are working on getting a new production run with the missing part included.

They also say that part 173 will be replaced if asked for via either the spares dept or an email to Revell.uk.

Sorry but at the moment can't find the email address I had for their office in Tring .

Looks like they are trying their best to sort out the problem to be fair to them .

Andy

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RV4924

"Due to a manufacturing fault which has resulted in the part to make the GR.4 version being missing from the kit, customers are unable to order this product for immediate despatch. Any customers that have already ordered or received this kit will be sent the missing part when we receive stock. In the meantime, it can be placed on back order."