1/76 Airfix Cromwell IV - now with added aerials!

Cromwell VI - 5th Royal Horse Artillery, 7th Armoured Division, British Army, Europe, 1944/45

This Cromwell was at this stage a while back but Ive only just got around to taking some photos of it that are suitable for showing here. I took some earlier in the year but they turned out a little dark. Its a lovely little kit and Ive made it OOB apart from the two stowage boxes which are scratch built from styrene. At some point Im going to add aerials and possibly a little more stowage but I figured, with the amount of builds Ive currently got going on, Im going to forget to show it here if I dont do it now. I decided to leave off the wading gear from the back.

As usual the paints are all Humbrol and Revell applied with hairy sticks.

The WIP progress can be found here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972407-airfix-176-cromwell-iv-tank-update-310115/

18113775315_91fee6d904_c.jpg

17493208523_419326b55f_c.jpg

17927563629_8c5b551d7f_c.jpg

17493208133_fd7965de55_c.jpg

17925860038_8db3b42662_c.jpg

18113774015_e753cbc1b1_c.jpg

18113773855_94795d4c73_c.jpg

17491161684_75135179c9_c.jpg

17491161364_3304a425c9_c.jpg

18114794341_f7589f2999_c.jpg

17493206253_0427640576_c.jpg

And a couple showing how small this kit is:

16106567888_d978dd40d8_c.jpg

16106741380_1eded0280e_c.jpg

These two were taken before it was finished.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 20

That looks really great Stix. The weathering is just right to my eye. How did the tracks behave on this one? I built Airfix's recent Tiger II in this scale and when i got the tracks on they were that tight they bust off the rear wheels. :goodjob:

• Like 1

Nice Stix, and when you see with the 20p piece it shows how wee it is.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Hi Simon. Thank you for your kind comments and yes it is very small.......surprisingly small!

Not wanting to sound picky but that lawn could do with weeding. Apart from that a very nice result has been had. Damn fine hairy stick work

I agree! Perhaps rather than the hedge cutter they should have tried a lawnmower!

Nice work Stix. Just one question, where is the stowage for the wings?

Now will you get back to those Spitfires!

John

PS what scale is that 20P?

Thank you John. Good point.......I'll have a think!

It shouldn't be too long now - the Achtung Panzer GB finishes this weekend!

That looks really great Stix. The weathering is just right to my eye. How did the tracks behave on this one? I built Airfix's recent Tiger II in this scale and when i got the tracks on they were that tight they bust off the rear wheels. :goodjob:

Hi Greg. Thank you for you comments.

With regards the tracks they were great. They're moulded as one piece so the sag is there already. The detail is is a bit simple but in the scale I think they look great! I think it would be good if Airfix could do these kind of tracks with other kits:

15385334733_3cf8e69133_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

Looks fantastic, I've got one on my shelf. I was thinking of using deep wading attachment."I will get around to build it one day"

• Like 1

Looks fantastic, I've got one on my shelf. I was thinking of using deep wading attachment."I will get around to build it one day"

Hi Ozzy. Thank you. Having seen the stunning work you've been doing on your current project I'm sure you would make a great job of one of these!.......... but it may seem a bit small!

That's great. Hard to believe it's a tiny 1/76 scale kit.

David

Thank you David for your kind comments.

Very nice indeed. :coolio:

Thank you Sarge.

Brilliant build for the size. You must have eyes like a Hawk and matchstick fingers. Very, very good.

Thank you Fred. Well if the hawk has to wear thick glasses and matchsticks come looking like sausages........then yes I do!

Hi Stix.

The Cromwell tank is not pretty but your model is great! I like your weathering ...not to much but still enough to make it interesting.

Well done

Cheers

Thank you Pawel. I agree it wasn't the best looking tank but I have to say I personally prefer it over the Churchill. (Ducks for cover!!)

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Beautiful job in such a small scale Stix,very nice indeed. :thumbsup:

Thank you Steve. I really enjoy making these small AFV kits. In fact I'm finding I enjoy AFV kits as much as the planes.

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix..

Blooming MARVELOUS. ..

:goodjob:

:wow:

:worthy:

Hi HOUSTON! How are you? I hope you had (or are having) a good visit north of the border.

Thank you, as always, for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 1 month later...

Earlier in the week, over in my WIP thread for this kit, Courtney quite rightly mentioned I'd missed off the aerials from this build. So, this morning, I decided I ought to add them:

18791517394_032f830beb_c.jpg

19387949856_99e1924caf_c.jpg

So thank you to Courtney for reminding me.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4