Mars Pattern Imperial Warhound Titan

I made this beast some years back and sold it on ebay because I wasn't 100% happy with it. I'm thinking to get another and try and do a better job of it.

SDC12721_zpsrnvzk5xm.jpg

SDC12726_zps2p54opfu.jpg

Edited by Dan
  • Like 5

:goodjob:

Why 'not happy', mate? It's not the way I'd have painted it, but it's superbly done! (Probably because it's not the way I'd have done it! :winkgrin: ) Was/is there some effect you want to create? For instance, Andy's chipping effects and oil leaks are inspirational, I'm attempting to replicate some of them just now (not having much success! :rolleyes:) Is that it? Or were you just less impressed with it in the flesh than you thought you'd be?

Either way, good luck with the next one, I hope you're as happy with it as we were with the last one. :D

I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous as! I've been lusting after a Titan for years, but there's no way I can justify the cost. One of these, though? http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Knight-Crusader Could be more do-able... :evil_laugh: Payday on Friday for me... :whistle:

Cheers lads :)

oileanach, I was quite pleased just not very, you know? There was loads of little mistakes I made that quickly added up to me losing the love for it! One half of the main hull was hugely warped, a good 20mm or so out. I didn't do the interior because of it. And the pose, the way I just made it flat footed, the angle of the weapon limbs and legs... It was a rush job if I'm honest and back then I just wanted done with it!

Knowing what I know now I'm certain I'd do a better job, for a start I'd wash the thing! Paint just wouldn't stick and at the time I had no idea why (bloody release agent! of course!).

If/When I get another I'll magnetize the weapon limbs so they're moveable and interchangeable. And pose it in full stride. And use my airbrush instead of hairy sticks to paint... with the armour trim I reckon I'd be an idea to gild that using genuine 23.5ct gold..... Give it the full treatment :)

Also, I'd paint it in sub-assembly's. Would you believe I knocked this thing together in just a few days?! The whole thing. Together before giving a though to the paintwork... What a noob! LOL!!

I think I've just convinced myself... But the cost............... But it's a titan!........................................ The price though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just do it Dan and make ends meet when done! Shut up evil devil........................

I'm giving this some thought :)

That imperial Knight looks awesome! Something for me to consider too!

• Like 1

Right now I'm where you were then, in an odd sort of way, Dan. I've dug a 'mech out of the stash, using it as a dry run for the kind of things I'm going to do with some of my ruinously expensive FW minis or a GW Imperial Knight. (For the uninitiated, a Forge World Dreadnought, standing a massive three inches tall, retails at an eye watering £52, that Titan is £341 these days! :yikes: Guess why I'm sticking with Dreads for now? :D )

The mech's plastic is old and brittle, joints won't line up and I'm really loath to put any effort into preparing the model- I just want to get to the painting stage as quickly as possible. That's crazy- the mech has sat in three different lofts for the last thirty years, what's the rush? It's not as if GW are about to stop making Knights, or there's anything stopping me buying one and letting it sit for a while... or even using the Knight as a test bed for the mech!

I think I need to have a word with myself! :rolleyes:

Marvelous job on the Titan.

I've always managed to resist Forge World kits mainly due to the price and also due to I'm not very experienced or confident with resin. I did get some Krieg figures that I need to get finished tho!

Games Workshop kits are the work of the devil, the devil i tell you! I've got two of the Imperial Knight kits to do and they are beauties! One of which is the newer Warden Kit with the rocket pod in the carapace.

I got them both (as with most of my GW kits) from here http://elementgames.co.uk/ Always at least 20% off. Great dispatch times and free sweets in every order!!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1