Tamyia Universal Carrier - First kit in 20+ yrs

Hi All

My first attempt so please be gentle. This is the fist 1/35 kit I've done for at least 20 cough cough years. Really enjoyed it and happy with the result but need to learn how to make a decent base to put it on. Picking up some great tips on here and am in awe of some of the examples I've been looking at! Building up courage for my first resin kit a Hobby Boss FH70 155mm gun which is going to be a real a real treat as I served on them in the 80's. Anyway thanks for looking and any feedback appreciated.

20150505_165858_zpsm4tgav2m.jpg

20150505_165828_zps1r4sx9fy.jpg

20150505_165745_000_zpsta88n21l.jpg

• Like 21

Looks good, you choose a nice little kit to ease yourself back into thing. Good job, can't wait to see you FH 70 in the future.

Ozzy

• Like 2

Thanks guys,

I'm genuinely nervous about the FH70 Ozzy as it had to come all the way from South Africa (big thanks to George at MDF models in Port Elizabeth) and cost more then I should have spent on a kit but as I said I served on them in the 80's so it will mean a lot when it's done, looks a bit of a mare though and not looking forward to working with super glue!

Thanks guys,

I'm genuinely nervous about the FH70 Ozzy as it had to come all the way from South Africa (big thanks to George at MDF models in Port Elizabeth) and cost more then I should have spent on a kit but as I said I served on them in the 80's so it will mean a lot when it's done, looks a bit of a mare though and not looking forward to working with super glue!

Wow that is a distance, I always seem to get my fingers stuck together when using super glue, I have found it easier to squirt a little on some card and dab my bits in it holding them with tweezers. Are you going to display it in the transport of firing position? I did see one in action once at Larkhill wash down when I first joined, I found it rather comical this big gun been driven around by the guy sat on the gun.

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Definitely firing position it shows off the size of the gun better, I've seen accurate armour do a 155mm ammunition container so I'd like to do a diorama base but will see how the gun goes first. Oddly enough I did the No 7's job which was the gun driver, a weird beast with normal manual gearbox and pedal layout steered by a little joy stick with left or right to steer the back wheels. Took some getting used to but bloody good fun!

• Like 1