Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM refernces

A1C3

Do you mean external bodywork pics of the rear of the car (boot area), or interior pics of the boot area (inside the bodywork) in the compartment beneath the rear wing?

I built the CLK DTM Original-Teile several years back (the W208 style) and found several pics to help with the build. I will try and dig them out, if I still have them.

B)

• Like 1

Hello Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, images of the 'boot' interior are what I'm looking for. I have the same Tamiya W208 based DTM kit and it's crying out to have the 'boot' (and doors open)... I can't resist but do it, just need to know what's in there!

:thumbsup2:

Neil??!! you're still here?? And with that 'Paragon' banner?? Please tell me that you're back.... :)

Sorry to hijack the thread!

I've also got the Mercedes DTM in the stash so references would be great too!

Any luck Neil?

Neil??!! you're still here?? And with that 'Paragon' banner?? Please tell me that you're back.... :)

Don't make me call Delta Force the SAS on your hijacking self... :winkgrin:

Any luck Neil?

Had a good look for the pics, cannot find them though I am afraid. In my defence, it must be about 10 yrs ago when I built the CLK DTM kit, so probably no surprise I cannot find them I guess! I will keep looking for them though.

From memory, I am sure there is not a great deal inside the rear boot area of the CLK DTM W208, I am reasonably sure that it was pretty much empty, for the want of a better phrase. I know it probably is not of much use to say it, but I think it was similar (...ish) to the interior of the W202, like this link below:

http://s586.photobucket.com/user/RIGO-ROD/media/mercedes%20w202%20Dtm/car_photo_386326_25.jpg.html

I'm still lurking, making the occasional post now and then. Workwise I am doing other things at the moment, though.

B)

... From memory, I am sure there is not a great deal inside the rear boot area of the CLK DTM W208, I am reasonably sure that it was pretty much empty, for the want of a better phrase. I know it probably is not of much use to say it, but I think it was similar (...ish) to the interior of the W202, like this link below:

http://s586.photobucket.com/user/RIGO-ROD/media/mercedes%20w202%20Dtm/car_photo_386326_25.jpg.html

Hello Neil,

Sadly, the W208 is very different to the W202, though the 'boot' area is pretty hollow for the most part. In it's depths (underneath the rear window), there is a composite structure that contains the gearbox/differential as well as supports for the rear suspension, this structure continues onwards to support the underbody diffuser and rear wing. I have no clear images of the composite structure or details in this area -_-.

On the other hand, this website has some useful images of the W208, it's been modified with a refuelling port in the right hand quarter-light and has the alternate air-box design. The images are tiny but still useable...