SMER D.520

johnd

Ok, here's my first ever group build entry, in fact it'll be the first time I've posted pictures of any of my models online. You'll see why as the build progresses. I'd originally thought to do my Potez 540 but modelling confidence is a bit low at the moment so this will have to do:

sam_2379_17964604801_o

It's the old Heller kit and is quite basic but looks as though it will fit together ok:

sam_2380_17777687849_o

To mark this momentous occasion, I treated it to some aftermarket bits:

sam_2381_17960815462_o

I also bought a Yahu instrument panel for it but as it's gone AWOL I'll proceed without it.

Wish me luck,

John.

• Like 4

Was the Smer boxing an original kit, or a reboxing of the Heller one?

Whatever the case, it's a great plane to model.

Have fun!

JR

Good luck John :D

Sure you won't need it, it seems a nice little kit from the look of it.

Cheers,

Stew

Ta, though luck is an essential ingredient of my modelling :) . Bearing in mind I've already lost the instrument panel and (I've just spotted) the intended Colorado Battle of France transfers ...

Nice to see so many 'firsts' for you John :popcorn:

Cliff

Lets hope it's worth the popcorn :D

Was the Smer boxing an original kit, or a reboxing of the Heller one?

Whatever the case, it's a great plane to model.

Have fun!

JR

It's the Heller kit. It looks ok, though it's quite simple and probably won't do the original justice. The wheel wells, undercarriage doors and gap between the rear windows will need some thought.

John.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies for failing to fulfil my obligations on this. I've had a little local difficulty with my left eye which makes modelling a little tricky at the moment. Hopefully it's not the end of my plastic butchery and I'll get it done through the appropriate forum.

Thanks for the encouragement,

John.

• Like 1

Apologies for failing to fulfil my obligations on this. I've had a little local difficulty with my left eye which makes modelling a little tricky at the moment. Hopefully it's not the end of my plastic butchery and I'll get it done through the appropriate forum.

Thanks for the encouragement,

John.

Sorry to hear that - I hope you recover soon and can get yourself back on track!

• Like 1