Hawker Nimrod. Surely asked before, sorry...

Artie

Hi all...I've been looking for some info about tht beautiful plane, with no succes at all.

My main concern involves the differences betwen the Nimrod I and Nimrod II......Wich one had swept wings...????? Was just the upper wing or both wings instead????

Apart from the headrest and oil cooler, is there any important exterior difference????

I've found some previous threads in this forum, but nothing is clear for me yet....TIA and best regards...

The thing is that I've got a spare Airfix's 1748 scale Fury, and would like to convert it into a Nimrod.....

Cheers....

Artie

Do yourself a favour and try and get the Mushroom publications book on the Fury & Nimrod, it will be well worth it, includes scale drawings, available including postage for less than a tenner through Amazon

I can vouch for Book Depository, good prices and so far never had a problem

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/8389450410/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_pap_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431983999&sr=1-1&keywords=hawker+fury

Nimrod II swept wings, both top and bottom, tail hooks need adding, but get the book, answers just about all you need.

Ali

As the Nimrod I had an extended wingspan you'll need to splice the wings from 2 Fury kits or scratch build extension pieces, the swept back wings of the Nimrod II would have to be scratch built.

Not all Nimrod I's had arrestor hooks, they were standard on Nimrod II.

I can also thoroughly recommend the MMP book.

There are resin kits in 1/72 of both Nimrod I and Nimrod II by CMR:

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2006/july/first-looks/CMR_Nimrod.php

Expensieve, but - gives fun for several evenings :)

Cheers

J-W

Hi, J-W.....look like excellent kits, but not my scale at all.....I know is the "gentlemen's" scale, but to tiny for me..

Cheers...

• Like 1