Airfix 1\24th scale Stuka

F7F3p

Hello , i am making the 1\24 th Stuka and have the original T6KL markings , i made this one as a kid and want to do the kit as i remember it using only one topsurface colour trouble is i cant remember if the instructions went for Dunkelgrun or Schwarzgrun im sure someone will know this one , any help much appreciated

Simon

Having the same kit on the workbench, I see that T6KL is dressed in a splinter pattern of RLM70 [schwartzgrun] and RLM71 [dunkelgrun] over RLM65 [hellblau] underside.

I am going for T6MM which is the same with a topside overspray over the splinter pattern of RLM 79 [sandbraun]…….

Good luck with yours, Simon, a work in progress please.

Cheers………Rog

Gosh it's 30 years or more since I built mine. If memory serves me correct, it was finished in a single green, rather than splinter camouflage.

I also recall the instructions stated then M17 (Airfix's paint code) to which mine was painted in Humbrols equivalent.

I hope I of a little help.

Regards Adrian

Airfix did indeed suggest a single top colour for their initial 'portrait' style boxing of the 1/24 Ju 87B.

I suspect that the simple answer is that Airfix got it wrong, and used the correct splinter scheme in later releases with the 'landscape' artwork.

Lovely kit though...

I got this one at a club meeting (many) years ago, sans decals. It's still in its box and I've got to say, I'd never noticed Airfix called for a single color upper surface, but now I see it on the box art.

Ju87B24.jpg

Hello , i am making the 1\24 th Stuka and have the original T6KL markings , i made this one as a kid and want to do the kit as i remember it using only one topsurface colour trouble is i cant remember if the instructions went for Dunkelgrun or Schwarzgrun im sure someone will know this one , any help much appreciated

Simon

Hi Simon,

Assuming that you want to build it as you remember it (even though the scheme you remember was inaccurately represented by Airfix) then the colour you want is Schwarzgrun, as that was M17 in the old Airfix paint range, Dunkelgrun being M3. I can understand your desire to duplicate the kit you built as a child "warts and all".

Historically the correct scheme for the real aircraft would, as noted above, have been a splinter pattern of Schwarzgrun over Dunkelgrun.

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks guy's you are right Stew the original did get it wrong colourwise as you rightly say it should be in the splinter scheme , but i quite like the original warts an all so Schwarzgrun it will be i am trying out the new Humbrol 241

Thanks Simon

• Like 1

Thanks guy's you are right Stew the original did get it wrong colourwise as you rightly say it should be in the splinter scheme , but i quite like the original warts an all so Schwarzgrun it will be i am trying out the new Humbrol 241

Thanks Simon

Good luck then Simon, I hope it turns out even better than you remember :)

Cheers,

Stew

I found an old tin of Humbrol Authentics so i have tried it and it went on perfectly despite being over 30 years old , good old HG1

I got this one at a club meeting (many) years ago, sans decals. It's still in its box and I've got to say, I'd never noticed Airfix called for a single color upper surface, but now I see it on the box art.

Ju87B24.jpg

Hells teeth,that box art makes you want to go NNNNRRRRAAAAAAAAAA(for the Jerico trumpet wail)then RRRROOOOOOWWWWW

(for the pull out)and WHISTLE(for the bombs going down)with maybe an ACHTUNG,SCHPITFUER thrown in for good measure.

Ahh,the good old days of "flying on ops"with your trusty Airfix combat steeds eh.

• Like 1