Eduard M4A1 Sherman

Hi chaps, here is my finished M4A1 Sherman, somewhere in Normandy just after D Day.

The kit is Eduard's re-boxing of the Tasca kit, and it's a REALLY nice thing to build. I didn't use a lot of the smaller pieces of etch (i'm just not that good) but the detail is still there i reckon. I picked this up from Telford last year, i knew nothing about the kit other than it's a Sherman and it was a Sherman that i wanted. Luckily i picked a winner.

I've never done a diorama base before but have always wanted to give it a try, so i did. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and i learnt a few things that will stand me in good stead for the next one.

35296618063_0aa058f69f_b.jpg

35264991904_bd9b683814_c.jpg

35296618173_62436165b8_c.jpg

35264992174_d8e6c23768_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nick

Edited by nick32
  • Like 14

Thanks chaps. I really enjoyed this build, and creating the diorama base was good fun too. It's not a cheap kit but it's worth it i reckon.

I have a Dragon Tiger 1 lined up for my next Tank build, that one looks a bit more involved than the Sherman..

Thanks again,

Nick

Great looking Sherman Nick - it's a lovely kit and you've done a great job with it. I look forward to following your Tiger build. Can I please ask which Dragon Tiger 1 you're going to make?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks Tim and Stix, i appreciate the comments!

Stix, i'm doing the Late production with Zimmerite -

DRag6383_001.jpg

A quick look in the box has revealed literally hundreds of parts, including a recoiling main gun... I've never built a Dragon kit before, but i have heard good things.

Thanks,

Nick

• Like 2

Oh now that's rather nice!! I have only built four of Dragon's 1/72 AFV kits and all but one of the were beautiful to look at and work with - one of them had a few fit issues. I've read some reviews of the boxing above that you're going to make and they suggest it's an excellent kit - although a couple suggested there was a lot of Photoetch! Personally I think it really adds to these kits.

I shall be watching for when you start it - if you are planning on doing a WIP thread? I do hope so.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I think the earlier boxing's may have had more photo etch/metal parts, there is bit with mine but not too much. From memory i think it's a few brackets for tools and some metal grills. I could be wrong though (my memory is rubbish!)

I was thinking about getting some Fruil tracks for it, but then i saw how much they were and thought against it!

I will do a WIP thread, my free time is very limited (young kids, demanding job, demanding wife...) but i'll do my best to update it. I'm usually useless at keeping them going but i'll try harder this time :)

Thanks again,

Nick

• Like 1

Happy modelling with your Tiger. Its a "monster" of a kit, with all the parts in.

Will be a stunner, looking at your M4A1

• Like 1