Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
28ZComeback

New 1:48 Grumman Guardian by Special Hobby

Has anyone looked at the new Grumman Guardian by Special Hobby? I like the overall surface detail, engine detail but have some concerns about the nose. Maybe I am seeing things, but it appears short.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/D-520/AF-2W%20Guardian/DSC_0003.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/D-520/AF-2W%20Guardian/DSC_0001.jpg

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Edited by 28ZComeback

Pictures of models can be deceiving. Whoever had the kit: the distance from the wing leading edge where it joins the fuselage to the front of the cowling where the propeller shaft extends should be 2 23/32 inches (pretty much 2.75 inches) or 69 mm in 1/48th.

I'am currently building the AF-2W variant. No problem so far. The cockpit is rather basic. Just one serious problem: the ventral radome looks like to be of different types depending the period and the aircraft. The one provided with the kit is much like the one of the TBM-3W Avenger but several pictures of AF-2W show a more rounded and bulbous radome. Informations would be appreciated.

AF-2W_VS-37_Jul19571_zpse6jnutsc.jpg

777px-AF-2W_Guardian_VS-22_at_NAS_Norfol

Guardiansinflight.jpg

AF-2W%2007_zpsonkz6g5s.jpg

AF-2W%2009_zps6pvzfwmm.jpg

V.P.

1 person likes this

On 5/25/2015 at 11:01 AM, Homebee said:

I'am currently building the AF-2W variant. No problem so far. The cockpit is rather basic. Just one serious problem: the ventral radome looks like to be of different types depending the period and the aircraft. The one provided with the kit is much like the one of the TBM-3W Avenger but several pictures of AF-2W show a more rounded and bulbous radome. Informations would be appreciated.

V.P.

Rats - I overlooked the obvious yet again. See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2016/10/grumman-af-2w-guardian-redux.html

Edited by Tailspin Turtle
Remove duplicate statement
1 person likes this