New MKM Model 1/144 Bristol Beaufighter Mk.I/VI

Michal @ MKM

In order to warm the hearts of the 1/144th scale community, we decided to develop a brand new injection-moulded kit of this lovely aeroplane.

The “Beau’s” have never been released before in plastic in this scale, so this is their first appearance. These kits have been made using high-quality moulds, produced by one of the best Czech moulding companies.

To whet your appetite here we present you the images of the test shots and the first test build.

MKM_Beau%20I-VI_1-144_preview1_zpsbpry8p

MKM_Beau%20I-VI_1-144_preview2_zpstviam9

The finished kit still lacks the clear parts, but otherwise it is complete.

IMG_140515%20002r_zpsq6cuchcb.jpg

IMG_140515%20001r_zps6mcritaz.jpg

Here are some pics depicting how the model master was made from scratch.

Beau144_this%20is%20how%20it%20began1_bw

Beau144_this%20is%20how%20it%20began2_bw

Beau144_this%20is%20how%20it%20began3_bw

Each kit contains 53 parts and six clear parts (cockpit and rear gunner canopies, aerial cover and wing-tips with position lights). Naturally, a comprehensive instruction leaflet and a decal sheet are included, the latter offering four options for each Mark.

The kits will be available by mid-June.

More info about the forthcoming kits and camouflage options can be found here:

http://www.4pluspublications.com/en/scale-model-kits/mkm14434-beaufighter-if

http://www.4pluspublications.com/en/scale-model-kits/mkm14435-beaufighter-ic

http://www.4pluspublications.com/en/scale-model-kits/mkm14436-beaufighter-vi

KR

Michal Ovcacik, MARK I

Edited by Michal @ MKM
  • Like 12

This is very exciting and it looks superb with plenty of detail and scope for modifications.

I hope that this might be the start of a trend to do some other well deserved 'missing' planes such as the Blenheim (Mk.I and Mk.IV) and the Beaufort (Mk.II and Mk.VIII) and of course the Dornier 17 (E and Z versions)?

Michal,

Wow! That looks nice; I particularly like the Mk VI (but that's just me) and I'd definitely like some of those (solvency permitting). Any thoughts of a TF.X in the future?

regards,

Martin

I like that a lot and will be buying a few, thanks for bringing it out.

If they sell well then a Merlin engined Mk.II and a later Mk.VI-X variant with the v shaped tail stabilisers would be fantastic too.

Cheers

Tony

I make these in resin in 1/44 and have for 5 years now.

It is exciting to see FINALLY such a famous plane being made in Injected form (hope the previous mentioned ones will follow in the not too distant future as well, hint , hint).

PS I make a resin Merlin engine set and a vacform canopy to convert to a Mk.V (or obviously Mk.IIs as well).

http://www.petersplanes.com/avions/Beaufighter/Beaufighter.htm

Peter

Michal

those are 1:144? Seriously? I have seen less detail in 1/72! Due solely to my fingers of butter and absolute lack of coordination I just can't see me buying these :weep: But, I can still acknowledge the quality of your work which is superb. Please consider upscaling them to 1/72 for us lesser mortals though!

Good luck

DC

Thanks for your interest!

And here is another image, especially taken but not only for Dave:

IMG_180515%20001r_zps6ocefz80.jpg

Regarding other queries:

if sales are good of these kits and if there is enough interest in other Beaufighter Marks, we may consider other versions, e.g. late Mk.VI/Mk.VI (ITF)/early Mk.Xs, all with upright V-tailplanes. No promise, but never say never :santa: .

Michal

• Like 4

Michal,

Don't forget to scribe in the torpedo doors and 20mm cannon spent cases ejection holes in the underside of the fuselage!

Still looking great though.

• 2 weeks later...

Michal,

If this is as good as your Ta152H (the-1, which I have just bought) then I will have no complaints!

One question: do I take it that the Beau will just have the one kit in the box? If so, how much more expensive would it be to have two sets of plastic in the box? I'd like to use up some more of those nice decals you supply . . .

regards,

Martin

Edited by mike romeo

Michal,

Don't forget to scribe in the torpedo doors

The Beau had torpedo doors? More information, please!

regards,

Martin

LOL, silly me! I was looking at the torpedo and meant to talk about the crew access hatches on the underside.

As seen here (can also see the prominent shell case ejection chutes too):

6Q6YjL.jpg

Edited by pbhawkin

I make these in resin in 1/44 and have for 5 years now.

It is exciting to see FINALLY such a famous plane being made in Injected form (hope the previous mentioned ones will follow in the not too distant future as well, hint , hint).

PS I make a resin Merlin engine set and a vacform canopy to convert to a Mk.V (or obviously Mk.IIs as well).

http://www.petersplanes.com/avions/Beaufighter/Beaufighter.htm

Peter

Hiya Peter,

Your models are amazing and I love the 1/144th scale Beaufighter decal sheet that you produce too,..great stuff!!

Regarding the Mk.II,....doesn`t it require a new wing too because of the reduced size of the nacelle above the wing? Either that or just cutting, filling and sanding should hopefully work in the small scale eh?

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

Hi.

I don't think the wing is any different it just didn't have the nacelle bulge on the top.

Here is a picture of my Mk.V version and I have just sanded away the Hercules nacelle:

jmyC7T.jpg

z8WSXH.jpg

Edited by pbhawkin

• 4 months later...